[12] Too Late?

My eyes widened in shock at who was standing in front of me.

"Ah, so you did come running back? Go figure." She snickered, pursing her lips.

I frowned. "What are you doing here?"

"Question is," she smirked, "what are you doing here? I thought you and Nathan were through."

"You should be reminding yourself that; after all, you seem to refuse to believe it."

"Hailey sweetheart, Nathan doesn't want you here. So scram little bitch."

I opened my mouth to reply but Nathan appeared behind her.

He looked like a mess. He looked a bit paler than usual, his hair looked like a bird's nest, and his beautiful green blue orbs were bloodshot and had bags underneath. But worst of all, he stared at me with sadness and disappointment in his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his voice a bit croaky.

I attempted a small smile. "Hey, I um, came to see how you were doing. But I see you're a bit busy." My gaze moved to Melissa, and she gave me a dirty look.

Nathan shrugged. "That's it? Nothing to tell me?"

"Actually yeah, I have something to tell you."

"Why should you, I mean, if you've been keeping it from him for sometime now?" Melissa said.

"I can't because this slut here is going to judge me."

Nathan rolled his eyes. "Apologize to her Hailey."

I raised my eyebrows. Are you fucking serious? "Apologize to her? Shouldn't you be telling her to apologize to me?"

"Why? She didn't call you a slut."

"She called me a bitch."

He rubbed the back of his neck, and my gaze moved to Melissa who was smirking at me. 

She was enjoying this. The way Nathan seemed to somewhat hate me suddenly; and the way he was defending her.

"Jesus, don't start this. Not now." He said to me.

"Since when did you start talking to her, much less defending her? Hell, I thought you clearly told me you never wanted to see her again." I said.

"That was then."

Great excuse. I rolled my eyes and glared at Melissa. "Fuck off."

"Ouch, babe aren't you going to say something?" 

I looked at Nathan and he simply stared at the ground. "Babe? Please, dream on bitch. Now leave so I can talk to him privately."

Melissa chuckled and rolled her eyes. "As if you can order me around."

I faked a move to tackle her down and she stumbled back, as if I was actually going to do it. I smirked to myself. "You're scared of me."

She frowned and straightened herself up. "Please, I could easily hold my ground against you."

I laughed. "Okay, let's do it then." I cracked my neck and made a loud popping sound, and she gave me a disgusted look.

"I'm not going to waste time pulling your hair or clawing your eyes out." She turned around to kiss Nathan's cheek and my stomach churned at the sight. "And this is not over. Next time I see you, my foot is going to be up your ass." She said as she walked towards me.

I raised my hands up. "Oh, I'm so fucking scared." I replied, and she walked past me, her shoulder slamming against mine.

<i'd suggest playing the youtube video right here just to give off a bit more of an emotional vibe to the story, but it's up to you>