"Hi, my name's Caitlyn. What can I get for y'all?" A girl, possibly the same as age as me, greets as she stops in front of our table.

"Hey, Caitlyn." Callum drawls, winking at the brunette.

With a tired face, she narrows her eyes. "Shut up."

I can't hide my surprised laugh as Caden chuckles beside me.

"Hey, Catie." Caden greets, leaning back against the seat.

"I wasn't talking to you either." Caitlyn snips. She turns to me, the welcoming smile back on her face. "Hi."

I clear my throat awkwardly. "Um hi, Caitlyn. I'll have a strawberry milkshake please."

"Sure thing." She turns to the rest of the table, taking their orders with a hefty scowl. I get the feeling they all know each other.

"I thought you said you're a chocolate girl." Caden whispers, accusingly.

I shrug nonchalantly. "Like I said, hour, day, and people."

I begin to zone out after Caitlyn walks away, and the boys begin to argue over hockey teams. From what I pick up, Zayden would agree with Caden, which would be a first.

Caitlyn comes back fifteen minutes later with our food balanced on two trays. I don't know how they do it. I would drop the glass before it leaves the kitchen.

"Say, I didn't get your name." She sets the strawberry shake in front of me, handing me a straw.

"My name's Charli." I introduce, shaking her hand.

"Nice to meet you, Charli. Are you still in high school?" She asks kindly, tucking the trays under her arm.

"Yup," I smile. "Oak Grove High. How about you?"

"I'm a freshman at West Valley with Truett." She smirks as Truett grumbles something. "I'm his older cousin."

Wait-

I blink in surprise. "Oh?"

"We're not related." Truett sighs, picking at his burger.

She flips him off. "Yeah, we get that reaction a lot. It's a long story."

I nod, "Maybe next time?"

Her smile widens. "For sure." She turns on her heel before spinning back around. "Hey Charli, you're not Caden's new girlfriend or anything, are you?"

Caden protests from beside me, gaping at her.

I choke on my drink. "Definitely not." I sputter, covering my mouth with a hand.

"Good," She studies me. "You can do better."

"Yeouch." Callum mutters, rubbing his chest.

I turn to Caden as she disappears. "What'd you do to her?"

"Nothing." He mumbles. I continue staring until he relents, throwing his hands in the air. "I made no promises. I made that very clear."

I shake my head. "Pig."

"A very attractive one." Callum reassures, grabbing Caden's hand. He kisses the back of it.

Caden lets out a disgusted grunt, snatching his hand back. He wipes the spot with a napkin. "Can't say the same about you."

"Don't break the bromance, man."

"It never existed in the first place."

Callum chucks a fry at Caden, hitting him on the nose. "Take it back."