12 : Ravish her or Eat her

Começar do início

The moment his eyes landed on what held, It made his lust turn to anger and one of his body parts started to calm down. His canines were still out due to growing anger.

How dare she touch his stuff?

In an instant, Cassius had snatched the crown from Xena's delicate hand and held it tightly between his calloused fingers.

"Don't you dare touch it again."

"You stole it!" Xena implied angrily, with one of her hand on her hip and the other pointed towards him. Her ginger hair moving with her movements.

That made Cassius's eyes turn completely black and Xena stepped slightly back.

For the first time, she was scared. The way air got thicker, her movements became restrained for some odd reason.

"I stole it? Me!? You stole it! It is mine!" Cassius claimed and stepped closer to Xena who took another step back.

"I am the King of the wings and you stole my respect!" He shouted making the windows shudder.

By now, if the guards outside even heard it, they were too scared to enter the room.

Xena was breathing hard as she tried to calm herself down.

Calm down. He will not hurt me. She reassures herself.

Xena slowly nodded and that made slightest of Cassius' anger to go away.

His claws were still calloused around the crown but then Cassius placed it on the couch slowly and sat beside it.

He too tried to call himself down.

Xena did not say anything and slowly limped to the bed and without a word, and laid down in her bed. The tension was thick and Xena could clearly hear the sharp breaths that Cassius took to calm himself.

Xena knew that she had crossed dangerous borders and now it was best if she shut her mouth.

Xena tried to sleep but her stomach had started to rumble which was a clear indication that she was hungry also, she could not sleep knowing that an angry Cassius was about to explode.

It had been a while since she last ate and so she decided to pull out one of the chocolate cake she had left from the mini cooler recently invented nowadays and cut a slice out. Eating it slowly.

She knew that Cassius had sniffed the cake out but his ego was too much to ask for it so he ignored it and placed a cushion on his face, then laid back.

Why is she eating right now! Cassius thought.

Xena sighed, knowing that Cassius was not going to make a move to ask for the cake and so she continued to eat and after finishing it, she placed the plate aside and looked at Cassius again. Even though he had closed his eyes, he wasn't asleep yet.

"You know, you don't have to sleep there." Xena said and then quickly added, "- You can sleep on my bed . . . With me."

To her it was the best idea, no need to buy the bed - no one questions. They can keep everything that happens between them.

Cassius pulled the pillow slightly and watched Xena from afar.

"I don't trust you, Princess." He spat out and fixed the cushion back on his face.

"Fine. We will do a trust test tomorrow so that you can know, that I am with you completely. I am on your side, Cassius." Xena said softly and Cassius inwardly groaned at her softness.

Why was she pretending to be so nice?

When Cassius did not respond after a while, Xena continued,

"Two tests of your choice and two tests of my choice." When Cassius heard that he could choose two tests of his choice, a Devious plan formed in his head.

Oh she was going to regret saying this.

He would definitely dare her to fly with him and probably give her a heart attack but he knew, she wouldn't fly with him and thus, he could show her just how much she didn't believe him.

And as for the second trust test, he would probably ask her to take a walk in the town alone. Most people hate her by now. They could kill her.

But Cassius knew that by the end of it all, he would have to actually come to her rescue cause if she dies, he will too.

To be honest, that sucked for him. He could think of multiple ways to actually kill her in only a span of minutes.

But then again, he could follow none. He hated this, he hated her.

"Fine."

"Promise me," Xena said. Promise? For what? For doing this test? Swifters were known to keep their promises. They valued friendships as much as enemies.

And it would hurt Cassius'pride if he didn't accept it.

Cassius sighed and thought his decision once again. Can he scare her enough to give up the bond?

Maybe.

"Promise." Suddenly a smile graced Xena's lips and she lay back on her bed. Her bust immediately puffing and Cassius groaned again.

"Good, see you tomorrow," Xena mutter and went to sleep, not knowing a tower she had built again in Cassius' clothes.

...

What do you all think about this chapter? What do you think about Cassius? Is he a good per- creature?

He is King Cassius after all!

P R O Q U E E N