Chapter 3 : The Hookup Pt. 2 *UPDATED Chapter*

Saturday, May 9th 2019

Omniscient

Cassidy dried off her hands while her mom and aunt came in from the car bringing in the last of the food that they took from the barbecue.

" Cassidy, did you get a chance to say goodbye to Charlie?" Her mom asked with obvious curiosity in her tone.

Charlie was the son of one of her coworkers and as cute and accomplished as he was he didn't check off anything in her boxes. He spent too much time talking about himself and her mom made it no better by assisting him with it.

He was one of those guys where he made his accomplishments everything rather than his personality. His arrogance and cockiness were what put the nails in the coffin for her.

She was grateful Gabby and Nay caught on and got her out of there.

" Yes Mommy, I did." She sighed tucking her hair behind her ear.

" He is a sweet guy, you know? Did I mention he's in grad school- "

" At Columbia University for biotechnology, yeah Mommy. I know."

" I don't want you to feel like I'm pressing you but he's a good catch and comes from a good family. I just want the best for you. Yu nah guh av options like dis fi eva." Her moms tapped her butt twice and headed back outside.

She appreciated what her mother was trying to do but her mom knew nothing about her interests in men. She kept choosing the men that she wanted her to be with. Guys who had all the smarts, who were full of themselves and lacked being real or humble.

She just wanted someone who was all about her, who she never had to question about having her back. Someone who wasn't afraid to be themselves, someone who had depth to them. A gentleman, who wouldn't mind putting anything moving in check when it came to her.

She decided after her breakup with Jru that she wasn't gonna go looking for love she was gonna let it find her. No matter how bad she wanted it.

" I'm about to go get ready for tonight." She yelled out so her mom could hear her as she took off to go upstairs.

" She yelled out so her mom could hear her as she took off to go upstairs