Chapter 7 : Getting Deeper * NEW CHAPTER*

Brooklyn, NY
                    Gabby's Brownstone Apartment
                               10:30 pm

                                  Brooklyn, NY                    Gabby's Brownstone Apartment                                       10:30 pm

Cassidy

" Come on now. Stop acting lazy." I chimed in teasing Melanie.

" I'm serious y'all if I bust my ass we fighting. I don't believe I came over tonight to be sweating out my fresh press."

" Oh, girl, please! Get up! Don't nobody want to hear that."

"Not too much on me! You were just talking about not sweating period!" Melanie huffed making me and Gabby laugh as we started swinging each jump rope.

" Go head, Mel! Show them how them Harlem girls get down!" KK hyped her up while Zaniyah chuckled.

She had just got back in town from going down south with her mom to visit her great-grandmother. We decided to all meet up at Gabby's house just to catch up and sit outside on the stoop since it was a nice summer night. Not too hot, with calm wind and vibes all around.

Swaying back and forth waiting for her opening Mel counted the ticks of the rope hitting the ground before jumping in.

" YEAAAAAA MELLY!" I hyped watching her muscle memory kick in. She two stepped and hopped sassily before stepping on the rope stopping the rope.

" See you still got it, girl! Did all that whining for nothing."

" Yea yea, now I need some fucking water I haven't done no shit like that in a minute." She quickly sat down to catch her breath.

" Alright, girl I got you." Going up the steps I walked into the brownstone apartment building and made a left opening the door to Gabby's apartment.

At first glance you knew Gabby this space was all her to a T. Neutral cream tones mixed in with different shades of purple. The smell of vanilla and cinnamon scented the stylish home and provided the cherry on top for full relaxation of the space.

Making my way into her kitchen I opened up the fridge and grabbed two fresh water bottles out.

Feeling the vibration of my phone in my back pocket I pay it no mind and would wait til I reach outside to sit down and check it.

Walking back through her apartment I heard the sounds of Mary J. Blige's I Can Love You bursting through the speaker making me nod my head.

Walking out the front door I was met with a face I was no longer happy to see and had been an annoyance in my life until he got blocked a couple of days ago.

Looking past him I saw my girls with a look of distaste, never hiding their disgust of him.

" Why are you here Jru? How'd you even know where I was?" I expressed quickly walking around him and handing Mel her bottle of water.