Chapter 1 : Summer Time *UPDATED Chapter*

Saturday, May 9, 2019
                     Holland Square Apartments

                           Saturday, May 9, 2019                      Holland Square Apartments

Omniscient

" Y'all come on before we get caught up in traffic! You know this is a 3hr ride back home!" Karah yelled out as the girls came out the door with the last of their things that would be taken back home with them in her Lincoln Navigator.

Even though her truck has a lot of space, they had a lot of crap mostly because they were going back home to New York for the summer since school was officially over.

Cassidy, Karah, Zaniyah, and Gabby have been friends since freshman year at HU, not only are they best friends but they are also sorority sisters, who crossed the sands into Delta Sigma Theta together in the Spring of 2018.

The ending of their junior year as well as their first year living together was a journey in itself but not a bad one. It was destined to happen sooner or later because they stayed in each other's dorm rooms any time they got a chance so it made more than perfect sense for them to move in together.

Cassidy and Karah both majored in African American History with Cass minoring in Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Karah in Environmental Geology. Gabby majored in Journalism and Zaniyah in Neuroscience with a minor in Communications.

" Damn Karah! Can we make sure our shit doesn't fly out your trunk first?! Sheesh!" Gabby exclaimed getting in the front seat while Cassidy and Zaniyah got in the backseat. 

" We ain't going nowhere but back to Brooklyn girl," Gabby stated as Karah started up the truck and pulled off.

" Whatever hoe, I'm on a time crunch Jamari said he has something special planned for me and him when we make it back into town and I'm not missing that for none of you funky bitches CAPEESH!" Karah laughed merging into the right lane to hop on the exit guiding her to the highway.

" OOP! Why we gotta be funky bitches? " Cassidy said laughing while checking her emails to make sure she didn't miss anything important from her teachers.

" Y'all know I love my gworls down but hubby comes first" Karah cheeses looking into her rearview mirror.

" Are we still going to the party the guys throwing tonight? You know it's dead no better way to start the summer in the city than a poppin' ass party!" Zaniyah exclaimed while doing a little twerk in her seat.

" You know we ain't got no choice but to go, the last thing I need is Josiah, Daniel, or Jamari trying to break our necks if we didn't come!" Gabby stated.

" Don't forget we gotta go to my moms house for the little barbecue, she's throwing for us." Karah reminded them. Their parents got familiar and somewhat close after the girls founded a friendship and easily became like extra children to them all.