Chapter 28

NOT EDITED!

VENI POV:

“You better run for your life, Bharat or I will ruin your ugly face and free your fiancé from your evil clutches” I yelled, while chasing my idiot of a best friend who was running for his life.

“My fiancé loves me too much to leave me for just having a few scratches on my handsome face. I would look more appealing to her with them you know…. like a Mafia boss or some Alpha male type just like the lead roles in her favorite books” he said jumping over the sofa making me stifle a curse.

“How the hell do you know about my books?” I heard Raisha yelling from the other side.

“Baby, I know everything about you. Did you forget I was almost labeled as a stalker because of you?” he boosted like it is an achievement making her curse loudly before apologizing for not considering Aadhya’s presence.

I waved it off and started taking threatening steps towards him, but to my disappointment, he sprinted towards the front door. I heard my other friends laughing.

“Please give him a good beating, Veni. I don’t mind marrying an invalid” Raisha commented, making Bharat gasp dramatically.

“Baby! How could you say that? I am your fiancé and love of your life” he was still using that dramatic voice making her throw sofa cushions at him. To everyone’s surprise, she was taking threatening steps towards him making him an easy target to me.

He looked at both sides and tried to run out of the house, but took a sharp turn making me stumble into a hard surface. I uttered a small curse and closed my eyes expecting a sheer pain for my stupidity.

When the awaited pain did not come, I slowly opened my eyes and met a pair of charcoal colored eyes. The eyes that used to keep me awake all night long. The eyes that used to greet me every single time I use my phone. They used to be my obsession and….

I blinked when I heard someone cleared their throat. I blinked again to clear the image that is imprinted on my brain. The awareness of my surroundings seeped through my brain making me mask any emotions on my face. I gave him a small polite smile when he let me go, while he gave me a small nod while examining the surroundings with a frown on his face.

“I am sorry” we said at the same time.

“For the mess we created” I added.

“For not looking where I was going” he added meeting my eyes again. I closed my eyes for a second and turned around to focus my attention anywhere but him. When my eyes landed on my target, I gave it an evil smile.

“Since you’re the reason for all the mess in my house, I would really appreciate if you clean it while we ladies arrange the table” I commanded Bharat before linking my arm with Krithi, who extended the offer to Raisha, who was only eager to teach her fiancé a lesson.

“And no one helps him!” I added making him curse out loud to my satisfaction I heard an “OUCH” and I am sure he must have received a head smack from Rohan. I grinned at Krithi, who grinned at me with so much enthusiasm, while Raisha joined us with a hesitant smile.