Chapter 23

NOT EDITED!

ARJUN POV:

"I think it is a good idea, Bharat. You could not blame him for his loss. And Veni would never approach the subject herself... if it is in her hands, she would bury it deeply." The female voice sighed.

"It would ruin her entirely, yet again. I stand by Veni's decision. Whatever happened, happened."

"They're married for heaven's sake! What if...."

"He was still hanging on why she didn't attend his marriage! Why would you think he would care about her health?"

"He doesn't know about her accident?" the same female voice whispered.

"Accident?" I wondered aloud making them stun.

I slowly opened my eyes and detangled my hand from Veni's and turned towards them still in shock. I know I should not have eavesdropped on other's conversation, but it is about Veni and some how the information is very important to me.

All three were still in shock and didn't utter a word.

"She was in an accident a few days before your marriage to her cousin and no one knows about it except us. She doesn't want anyone to know. Now, if you would excuse me...." Bharat brushed me past before reaching for Veni's hand, which I was holding until a few minutes ago. I glared at him for brushing off question as if I were a child who asks too many questions.

"Bharat...." A woman, who was standing beside Dr. Rohan sighed shaking her head, throwing an apologetic smile my way.

"Please don't mind him. They were always like two peas in a pod. It must be really hard on him seeing her like this yet again" saying this she gave me a hesitant smile.

"Darling, I think it is better if you introduce yourself to him first" Dr. Rohan nudged her playfully.

"Oh" she mumbled and apologized.

"I am Krithi, Veni's friend and a ob-gyn in this hospital" she introduced herself offering her hand to shake. I shook her hand a little and introduced myself as Veni's husband which was totally awkward. She gave me a small smile and threw a look at Bharat, who was glaring at both of us.

"I wish we met under different circumstances" she mumbled softly, I nodded at her not knowing what else to say.

There is a soft knock on the door and opened to reveal the same nurse who was targeted to Bharat's anger yesterday. She meekly stood there until Dr. Rohan signed to her to enter and handed him a file. They must be her reports. He checked the reports keenly with a frown on his face before passing them to Dr. Krithi with a resigned sigh.

Dr. Krithi studied them for awhile and asked the nurse to leave it on her table making me frown.

"Is something wrong?" Bharat and I questioned at a time. They both hesitated a little before nodding.

"Let's go to your cabin and discuss" Bharat suggested making me frown.

"Bharat.... I think..." Dr. Krithi's words are cut off by Bharat by warning "Don't even suggest it, Krithi" making her sigh in exasperation.

"Let's discuss in your cabin, Dr. Krithi" I suggested, gesturing the door.

"You don't have to worry yourself, Mr. Raizada. I can take care of my best friend like I always did. Stay here and protect your precious daughter while I take care of my best friend" he said emphasizing 'I' and 'my' making me grit my teeth to control my anger. His taunts are getting out of hands and he needs to know his place.