Chapter 19

Veni POV:

"Sometimes, somethings to be left unsaid" I said, turning around to leave from this conversation knowing very well it wouldn't end well. But I stopped in my tracks when I find Arjun staring at me with some weird look on his face.

"I think things happens for a reason too then" Aunty said and patted my back leaving us alone, but not giving Arjun a look that say, 'I still don't approve you'. I sighed at her retreating figure not knowing what to think about her words.

I cleared my throat when I find Arjun still looking at me and it is making me really uncomfortable. His eyes were filled with questions that he couldn't ask. I am happy that he will not be interfering in anything that concerns me.

"Do you need anything?" I asked him, turning around and pretending to be busy with collecting the kitchenware to set the table which was already done.

"I... w- water" he uttered uncomfortably. Good! It shouldn't be me, who's supposed to be uncomfortable. It wasn't me who was eavesdropping a private chat. I know it's not intentional because he would care less until or unless the topic is related to his family minus me in it.

I nodded at him and grabbed a bottle from refrigerator and passing it to him. I cursed myself for even remembering that small detail. He always prefers very cold water even if he was dying with cold and fever. That is how much he was obsessed with it.

"Anything else?" I asked him when I felt his gaze on me. He nodded his head negatively before leaving me alone.

'Why? Why Veni? You were doing so good at avoiding or not paying attention to him until now. Then why the hell were you thinking about things which were buried years ago? You need to be strong and need to get a grip on your thoughts and words' I chided myself and joined them at the dining table.

Aadhya was playing with Uncle's mustache like it is made of elastic, stretching it from either sides and clapping whenever uncle winces in pain. When I tried to take her from him so he could have dinner peacefully, she started shaking her head and started slapping his face making him laugh loudly.

I glanced at Arjun to see if Arjun was okay with this situation, but I find him smiling at his daughter tenderly and shaking his head.

What happened to him? I thought he would be throwing tantrums or watching them like a hawk ready to snatch her away from uncle... and he is sitting there relaxed.

So, all those insecurities are just in my case? I sighed and looked at Aunty who just shrugged her shoulders and started having her dinner enjoying her husband's misery.

"Are you not going to have dinner?" aunty asked me, but all her focus was on angel and mumbled something under her breath. Angel frowned at her and waved her hands as if asking her to hold her.

Aunty thought for a second and stretched her hands hesitantly as if she's not expecting this attention from Angel.

After taking angel in her arms, Aunty looked at her with doubtful eyes like she knows something was about to happen.

Aadhya held her face between both of her tiny hands and laughed at her before starting to slap her face repeatedly. Everyone was so shocked along with me, because we all thought she would kiss her by the way she was holding her face.

"I knew this! I knew this would happen! You're definitely her incarnation, aren't you?" Aunty asked gasping at Aadhya with shock and awe avid on her face.

"Aunty!" I tried to stop her, because I know Arjun would be offended if she says anything about Midhya negatively. When I glanced at Arjun, he was about to stand from his chair to take his daughter away from aunty.

"Look Veni, she is behaving just like your Karuna Aunty! I should have known it is her genes which were dominating your cousins and your husband's" I was speechless. I was totally in shock, I thought she forgot about those silly days and fights which we had with 'her'.

"M-My m-mother?" Arjun stuttered. I closed my eyes tightly not wanting to look at him.

"Of course, your mother. She's the only woman who had the audacity to talk back to me. Your daughter is definitely taken after your mother or else why would she slap me when I said, 'This would have been my grandchild playing with my husband if Veni and Bharat were married'. See I know this is her" She started ranting about how the incarnation is true and all.

"You know my mother?" he asked aunty cutting her rants off.

"Of course, I do" She said, looking at him like he was grown a pair of horns and turned to me saying "He didn't know?" to which I facepalmed mentally, but kept a straight face.

"You too know my mom?" I know this question was directed towards me. I shrugged like it doesn't matter. I couldn't utter a word.

I knew accepting this dinner invitation was not a good idea from the very start.

"He is Karuna's son? Why didn't I know about this? Boy, your mother made sure my wife had so many sleepless nights" Uncle said laughing, not knowing where he was diverting the topic. I closed my eyes and started chanting from 10 to 1 to control my raising temper and my heartrate.

"Yeah... these two were too close I almost thought she would actually...."

"Mom, we're home!" A familiar voice announced loudly.

Loud enough to cut off what aunty was about to say.

Loud enough to control my raising heartbeat.

Loud enough to make Aadhya cry.

So, all the attention was diverted to either Bharat and his girlfriend or Aadhya.

I was nearly hyperventilating when I was engulfed in a bear hug. Before I knew, someone was chanting 'shh' and 'I'm here now'" I took a deep breath inhaling his calming scent and nodded, resting my head on his shoulder.

He started rubbing my back a little and patted my head.

"I know you missed me a lot... you don't have to cry a river just because you missed my handsome face" he commented clearing my tears away.

I was crying?

I rubbed my face and cleared my throat before turning to the woman who was standing beside Bharat possessively.

"Hi, I am your fiancé's best friend. I am sorry you had to put up with a guy who has the ego with a size of Mt. Everest" I said, stretching my hand for a handshake, smiling politely.

She offered her hand hesitantly and nodded giving me an awkward smile.

"You guys were having lunch without us? How mean!" he commented before dragging me and his girlfriend towards the table. He made his girlfriend sit first then pushed me into another chair not so gently.

"You... You... why the hell did you do that?" I asked him, annoyed. Even Angel was frowning at him. He simply waved his hand at her and started serving for himself and Raisha.

"Because you deserve it for not informing me about your dinner plans. I have been trying to reach you since I got to know about the news from dad and you never answer. How dare you to start before I reach?" He accused me, throwing daggers with his eyes. I rolled my eyes at his dramatics and gave an awkward smile to a confused Raisha.

"That's because I forgot my phone in the house and was busy with 'talking' to both of your parents about your 'achievements'" I said, emphasizing talking and achievements.

"Ahh yeah achievements" he scratched his head and winked at Raisha making her blush, but it didn't go unnoticed by me and his parents, who started giving him 'the talk' about how they shouldn't plan trips like this before marriage and all.

"What would I say if the baby comes just a few months after your marriage" Aunty raised a concern making Bharat bang his head to the table with utter embarrassment.