Chapter 14

Veni Pov:

I don't know how to feel right now. I am married to the man I once loved but I feel nothing. I did something which I would never do in my life, marrying for something that is not love.

Technically, it is for love. My love for Aadhya.

I have no intention to work on this newly formed relationship. I am sure, he doesn't want to either. It would only be fair if we stay away from each other's way and deal with the current situation.

I don't regret marrying him because it gave me free access to Aadhya. I don't have to worry that he would find out if I am with her.

Convincing my friends is far easier than I thought. Only Anju was being difficult even after I signed the papers, she took Arjun aside and talked... more like warned him for whole five minutes. Neither of them utters a word after they returned. Anju looked far more satisfied than earlier. Nihal was there too. i did not know that Arjun and Nihal know each other.

But what Tej asked disturbed me more. Is this what you want Veni di? will you promise me to take care of the baby like she's your own and never hurt her? were the words he uttered.

His eyes held so much pain that I was almost convinced that he was going through the same pain somehow, but he could never be adopted as his parents loves him the most. I just hope he will clear the problem that is disturbing him. He was always mysterious behind all the playful behavior. Following his sister everywhere she goes as if she would disappear if he blinks. May be his tension has something to do with Sreesha? 

Nahh... may be he is feeling sorry for Aadhya.

*********************************************

Mama already know about me getting married to Arjun the same day as my friends. She tried to convince me at first but gave up after some time. The problem is with Papa. He was  so disappointed in me. when I tried to explain, he stormed out of the house and didn't return until the night.

Later, he took Arjun to his study and they were there for almost an hour. Neither of them uttered a word. I tried talking to Papa but he avoided me at all costs. I was hurt by his behavior. I would have been happy if he scolded me for what I did but he is giving me the worse punishment in my life.

Papa and I used to fight at every possible matter but it was always him who used to talk first and apologize with a tub of my favorite ice cream.

 I miss those days so much.

*********************************************

The next day I attended Niya's wedding rituals as promised and took care of everything. This time Arjun didn't forbid me from taking Aadhya with me because he himself must attend the marriage.

We never exchanged many words if not for Aadhya. It has been a week, and nothing changed. We returned to Arjun's house. Papa didn't talk to me when I was going away. he just stood there with no expression on his face. I wanted to cry like a baby hugging him but I am not a baby anymore.

After reaching Arjun's house, I took the room just beside nursery to be available whenever my angel needs me. But somehow we always endup sleeping next to each other.

She always manipulates me by crying. So, I had to either sleep in the nursery or she stays in my room.

The first day when she stayed in my room Arjun panicked and turned the whole house upside down before confronting me. When he finds out the she was sleeping with me, he got more upset and asked me to not to take her to my room.