Chapter 10

VENI POV:

Convincing dad was not as easy as I thought. He right out said no without giving it a thought. He's still not over the rejection of Karthik's father. Though they both have had a healthy competition until now and I hope it stays that way for the rest of our lives for the sake of Sreesha and I.

"Why do you want to go stay in the house of people who rejected you, Veni?" Papa asked rubbing his forehead tiredly. I am feeling very guilty for leaving him alone again, but it is Niya's marriage, and I need to be there for her. Though I will have to endure the painful shopping's and trips to parlours, her one genuine smile is enough to forget everything.

"It is Niya's marriage, Papa. And they did not reject me. They rejected the business/marriage deal you placed in front of them. Sreesha is so happy in her life after so many struggles Papa. Don't you want her happiness?" I asked him knowing very well this will work "And I was never interested in Karthik. I admired him for the way he handled the situation between Mark's and ours without wordy threats, but I never said I was interested in him in a romantic way." I tried explaining him.

"Then why were you so upset when you mentioned about their marriage?" he asked confusedly.

"That is the same day mom mentioned about Midhya's health condition and how she needs me beside her after the delivery. It was like she knows something would happen to her. So I was a little distracted that evening." He hummed and nodded.

"Do you remember the word you gave to your sister? Are you sure about it? I should have asked you way before, but that guy was grieving and-" I cut him off saying "I am not planning to marry, Papa".

"Okay, I will look for a guy soon or do you like someone? You don't have to shy about it, dear I will not say no whoever that guy may be" he smiles reassuringly.

This is it. I need to tell him now, or he will not stop looking for a guy. If I marry anyone, it will destroy both of us, most importantly that guy who will marry me.

"Papa" I called him, with widened eyes he nodded. I'm feeling awful for crushing his dreams about my marriage, but it is needed. Taking a deep breath "Papa, I don't want to marry. I don't have a desire to marry anyone. I want to stay like this with both mom and you." When he was about to say something, I stopped him showing my hand "I am not Sreesha to comply with everyone, Papa and you know me very well. We both know what will happen if I don't get what I want." I threatened him. All he did was smile.

"I loved my irresponsible, immature daughter so much, Veni. Give her back to me. I miss her so much." I turned away looking at the bookshelves in his study. I heard him sigh in disappointment.

"We will talk about this later. We have guests over. Are you staying the night?" he asked frowning. I nodded head negatively. I am not in a mood to play host now. When I was about to say something to papa, I heard a faint cry.

My brain is messing with me these days. It was not allowing me to sit for a whole minute without making me think about the angel, and now I can hear her cries. How messed up my life can be?

I closed my ears in an attempt to block those cries, but they keep on increasing and getting closer.

God, I think I need to a psychiatrist.

"Sweety, are you okay? What the hell is happening? Veni, can you hear me?" Papa asked shaking me.

"T-The c-cries" I stuttered. I want someone to make them stop. I don't want to turn insane.

"It must be Aadhya, Sweety. I will go check on her" he said making his way towards the door.

It took me a couple of minutes to let his words sink in mind. Aadhya is here?

My Angel is here?

I stumbled across the hallway checking all the guest rooms in the process. Dad just disappeared after giving me water when he was sure I was okay. I just followed the cries of Angel. They are leading me to the wing I ignore... to the very room I never returned.

Steeling myself, I entered the room which I shared with Midhya until a few years ago.

Angel's face was red for crying non-stop with tears running down her face. Rushing towards her, I stretched my hands hesitantly. The very man who despises my existence willingly passed her to me.

I hugged her as my life depended on it. I cleared my tears to get a good look of her face. She looks so tired. When I smiled tracing her check, she gave me a very beautiful teary smile with her toothless mouth.

I rubbed her stomach making her squeal in delight. I laughed along with her. It has been so long since I laughed this much.

There is no denying in our bond. There is no way out.

If marrying Arjun will make me stay in Angel's life so be it.

I'll fight tooth or nail to be with her.

With or without his consent.

I cannot imagine my life without her.

I squirmed in my hands yawning. Someone passed a bottle of milk in my hands, and I fed her like I used to whenever she cried all those nights I visited her room secretly.

It has been a few minutes she slept, but I didn't let her go with the fear of losing her again. I looked around to see my mom was here too along with dad and Arjun.

Dad was looking at me with an unreadable expression.

And Arjun...

"I'm ready to marry YOU... for the baby."