Chapter 32 | another questionable choice

What was all this?

Mr. Blien and Mrs. Blien couldn't make an appearance without failing to speed up my misery?

I could only imagine how perfect their one-month romantic vacation turned out due to my absence.

No wonder they remembered to come back only this particular day and spoil my chance of escaping this honeymoon.

Best parents ever, always the root cause of my grief, always ready to remind me of the sorrow my birth brought into their lives.

Awareness hit my subconscious, reminding me of the numerous eyes watching me; emphasizing the rising questions they might ask due to the tensed nerves popping on my face.

With that in mind, I smoothed my facial expression into a smile.

Countless is the number of times my eyes went over Elisabeth's message, picking up left-out details in the twinkle of an eye at each glance, not bothered by the awkward stares my allies must have cast my way.

After all, Dwain held his tongue to himself and didn't give a damn about my doings.

His abrupt departure was worth it.

He retired to the room for a change of clothes while we stayed downstairs, waiting for him to make an appearance.

Elizabeth's message troubled me.

As the implications of the text soaked into my mind, my throat went dry.

Why didn't my intuition foresee such a setback from the onset?

Not even once did I doubt, that Elizabeth won't make it to the honeymoon.

"C'mon Lisa, it's been a while and you didn't wink an eye from your mobile. Is that some sort of punishment? Because your action might delay us and cause me to miss an appointment."

Dwain's words straddled me out of my thoughts.

His black and white themed outfit pulled my attention to the grin which spread on his lips.

Starring at me behind dark glasses, his hand clutched a black suitcase.

He was kinda mysterious and guilty for being hot in black and white.

"Definitely, " Brielle declared in a high-pitched voice, resting a hand on my shoulder and holding the other to my face.

She snapped her fingers and leaned her lips to my ear, " this mobile won't make it to your honeymoon."

She was whispering, loud enough to catch everyone's attention.

A series of chuckles eloped their lips, drowning Jana, Leonard, and Scott in a sea of laughter.

Epic!

Humiliation official became my last name.

Dwain walked into naked me this morning.

In addition, Brielle snapped her fingers to stop me from devouring Dwain with my stare.

There were just so many episodes of embarrassment that didn't stop; all because of Dwain Horton, the sweet bastard.

"Yep, Brielle is right, " I mumbled, swallowing all the shame flickering on my face.

Holding Brielle's arm and locking my eyes with others, I raised a brow.

"What is the need for the mobile to be present during the honeymoon if the owner isn't present? Logic is it for a mobile to be where the owner is, and that's Brussels because I'm not going to New York City."