Chapter 24 | souhaits de mort

souhaits de mort

souhaits de mort

Death wishes

IT'S been two weeks of pure torture. Two weeks of regret and self-loathing. Two weeks of crying to sleep every night. Two weeks of hating my own existence.

Two weeks of letting go of Edward.

He is the only person in my mind when I am alone. He is the only person whose comfort I want and the only person whose lips I want on mine. And it's all confusing to me because I used to hate him. I don't think so I love him, I barely even know him. But my body yearns for his presence. I want him close to me.

Xavier has noticed the change and he is trying the best to comfort me. I should have been happy in his presence, he is my soulmate. He is the person I love and wanted all along, but then why does his touch not feel the same anymore. It's like a spell has been cast over me and I couldn't feel the bond between him and me anymore. I love him, my heart beats for him but then he isn't the only one I want. He might not even be the one I want. What am I saying?

I see him in school every day. I know he is a mess, his shabby hair and the eye bags beneath his eyes tell me the story. He is as miserable as I am, maybe even worse because I have Xavier by my side and he has no one. Not even Caroline can do anything here. I see him staring at me in between the classes, I feel his body close to me but then, I pull away and with that every part of my heart breaks.

I have done this to myself and I hate myself for it.

I don't kiss Xavier anymore in front of him, I don't want to. I am no longer the same around Xavier when I am around Edward because the only thing I could think of is that what will Edward think.

He doesn't even hang out with Caroline anymore and I know he has changed. I have changed. I don't know what to feel anymore.

"So, the plan of attack is finalised. We break in, release everyone and head out. We leave no one behind. No one. The magic shield will be dealt with by her majesty and Xavier will help free everyone from their chains. As soon as the portals open, they will be alerted. We have a 15-minute window, make it count. Everyone clear?" I hear Auston say but my mind is not with him.

I know the plan; I am the one who made it. Hugh has run over it, again and again, to make sure there aren't any flaws. I have been in the gym whenever I wasn't at school and my body is all ready to free my people from the hybrids. I need a distraction and this is one.

I am not going to put anyone's life in danger because I need a distraction so throughout these two weeks, I had developed this plan. We had gathered intel about the centre in Ife and even though they have strengthened the defences there is still a flaw. They don't know the place as we do.

They have been performing their experiment in the house of people of Ife. In every district, there was a house meant for the people to access any time they want. Not that we had any homeless commoners but if the people wish to spend time alone, they were more than welcomed at the 'House Of People'. I know the place at the back of my hand. I can even draw its map. It's one of the things we were taught, know the place where you live. I have personally spent some of my time at Ife.