C h a p t e r 39

Craig's POV

What the fuck?

I groan slightly as I push myself up. I look to the nightstand seeing it was 3 in the morning,

You've got to be shitting me

Someone was knocking at the door and it seems that I am the only who is hearing it, considering no one has answered it and they've been knocking for 5 minutes now. Must be important.

I swing my legs over the side of the bed, being careful to not wake Tyler who was sound asleep beside me, snoring slightly. I smile at him and get up.

I quietly walk up the stairs and go to the door well rubbing my eyes to get the sleep out of me.

I turn the lock and open the door. There stood a man who seemed to be in his late 30's, short brown hair, green eyes. He was wearing a police uniform, that's when I realized he was a cop. My eyes went slightly wide.

"Are you Tyler Wilde?" He asks. "No, that's my bo-friend." I rub the back of my neck and blush. He gives me a weird look. "Ah, then you must be Craig Thompson, correct?" I nod slightly. "Would you like to come in? Or do you want to talk out here? I have a few chairs in the back, I don't want to wake everyone up." I say, hoping he doesn't want to go in. "We can talk in your backyard if that's alright with you." I smile. "Okay, just let me get changed and make some coffee, you can come in, just be quiet." I open the door wider for him, he gives me a smile and walks in.

I quickly go downstairs and change into black sweat pants and a grey tee. I go back upstairs and make some coffee then we go outside.

I let him sit in the nicer chair, which had light blue Cushions. Well I sat in a normal chair in front of him.

I hold my coffee tightly in my hands, waiting for him to start speaking.

"I would like to start by saying sorry as it is very early in the morning." I giggle lightly. "It's fine, honestly. Now I'm guessing you're here because of what happened with Tyler's father, correct?" The officer nods. "I just have a few questions if you don't mind answering them." I nod and take a sip of coffee.

"First, was there such reason for why Jason beat him?" I blush slightly, tightening my grip on the cup in my hands. "Uh, well he's gay.. his father wasn't very fond of it. It started when Tyler's mother Terra, came here to see us. Tyler and I don't live here anymore, we live in Los Angeles and we came back to visit them. I was napping at the time when his mother came so Tyler talked with them and he found out that Jason had hit Terra for defending Tyler. Tyler got mad and left for 7 hours. I got worried so I went out looking for him and found him at his parents house, he was beaten pretty badly but Jason was barely injured."

He starts writing in his little notepad. "What else happened?" He asks, raising an eyebrow. I take a deep breath and continue the story.

"Uh well when I got there Tyler came to me, his father kept saying shit to us and as I was about to say something back he slapped me across the face." I tilt my face a little, showing him the bruise that was forming. "Tyler became furious but I stopped him from doing anything, I punched Jason in the face then we left." He nods and continued writing in his notepad.

"Thank you Craig, I will be coming later to discuss more when other's are awake." I nod and take another sip from my cup of coffee. "I'm sorry he did that to you two, my name is Scott." He gestures to shake hands to which I gladly do. "No worries, just curious how did you find out? I don't believe anyone called the cops." I ask. Releasing my hand from his. "Someone had called after seeing two man walking out of the house, injured." I nod.

"Well it was nice meeting you Thompson." He says as he walks back to his car. I wave my hand as I lean against the door frame, holding my half full cup of coffee now. I watch his car start and drive down the street, then he was gone. I sigh as I walk back into the house, closing the door behind me and locking it. I wasn't very tired anymore and it was now 4 in the morning, so why go back to bed?