29| Zach's Confession

(A/N:- let's take a moment to appreciate this handsome man and a fine actor)

'And your dad agreed? Your parents are so strict that they don't even allow you to my house' Uzma gasped

I chuckled 'He had to when Ammijaan played the 'I'm your mother, you can't disrespect me or my decisions' card, he was forced into letting me go to America with khaala' I was soo excited when baba had to agree, I gave Ammijaan tons of kisses afterwards.

'Your grandma is soo cool' I grinned at Alman agreeing with the fact that I am blessed with the coolest grandmother. She is so supportive of me and the fact that she actually agreed to my decision to work with Aasiya khaala as her intern made her the best. Aasiya khaala runs her own business of party planners and seeing her work on Zaveriya baaji's wedding sparked my interests. Since I was kid I enjoyed decorating rooms and home parties so when I realized my interests could turn into a career I wanted to grab on the opportunity. And that's one step closer to loving myself.

'I'll miss you soo much habibti' Uzma hugged me side ways, tearing up a bit I frowned not wanting her to cry for me.

'I'll miss you too but it's just a two year internship I'll return to India soon after I complete it we'll meet soon Habibti inshallah' I smiled at her and kissed her cheeks

'Take care Zunairah but be in touch kay?' I nodded, 'I'll Alman. Take care of yourselves too guys I'll miss you all' and I truely meant it, they've played a major role in making my college life memorable, I was thankful for having such great friends on whom I can depend if I had any problem. I trusted them because they gained my trust.

'You won't greet her goodbye?' Uzma scowled at Almir whose nose was buried in a novel, he lifted his gaze rolling his eyes on Uzma then turned to me placing his book on the table.

'Take care Zunairah, don't hesitate to call us if you've any problem there. You know by now I don't talk much but I assure you my loyalty as a friend' he smiled

'I know, thank you Mir, hope to see you guys soon, I've to go home now, Allahafiz' Zachariah had come to pick me up so when I recieved his message I bid farewell to my friends and left the restraunt into the parking lot.

'Assalaamualaikum' he greeted me cheerfully as soon as I slid inside the car, 'Walaikumassalaam' I replied wearing the seat belt.

He didn't speak anything for the rest of the ride and I was thankful for that. The parking area of our house was empty I observed when he pulled the car in the driveway it was because chahchu and baba were doing over night shift again while mamma, chachi, khaala and Ammijaan were attending a dars.

I got out of the car and made my way towards the house when a hand around my wrist stopped me, I turned around immediately jerking my hand away from Zachariah's hold, as if realizing his mistake he stepped back and held his hands in air.

'I'm sorry that was stupid of me but can you give me a few seconds?' he scratched the back of his head, 'I just want to talk, please' he stuffed his hands in the pockets of his trouser and waited for me answer.

I took a moment to think of a decision and when I saw there's no harm in talking I agreed. He sighed in content and gave me one of his rarest smile that seems so genuine

'Zooni' his voice was soft when he spoke by name, 'I know we started of wrong because of me and I wanted to apologize for the way I acted. I shouldn't have treated you that way and approached you in a different way. I'm really sorry if I hurted you in anyway but trust me that wasn't my intention. I hope you forgive me so that we can start afresh' he lifted his head meeting my eyes and I saw something flicker in his black orbs but I wasn't good in reading eyes, never was.

'Why now? Why are you apologizing all of a sudden? What do you want?' I didn't trust him, so before I take any chances I was making sure he was trustworthy

'I'll be straight forward with you, I like you Zooni I hope to see a future with you but you probably hate me for how I my actions in the past. I was childish then and a big idiot but after meeting you something in me changed that wanted to be a better man who is capable of being your partner. I totally understand if you refuse me that won't stop me from trying but before I take any step towards you I want you to forgive me and allow me to persue you.'

To say the very least I was startled by his confession I wanted to be angry at him but unknowingly I felt warm and heat rose to my cheeks maybe it's because it is the very first time I'm recieving a confession or that I like him too.

Nah definitely the first one

'I can't love you Zack' I can't give you the broken me, no matter how you acted like a complete jerk towards me but you deserve someone who will love you and be with you till the very end. But right now I was in no position to give my heart away to anyone. I have to fix it on my own and that's the reason I'm going to America.

'I understand, I know you love Zain' my eyes widened in surprise, 'You're very easy to read Zooni and by the way you look at him anyone could tell you've given him your heart, b-but he's not yours, I'm sorry to say this but you should move on. I'm glad to know you realize your worth and want to work on yourself. I also know you aren't ready for what I'm asking but I'm going to wait Zooni. I will be right behind you to hold you when your legs stumble on this path you've chosen. You're not alone I want to tell you that. I've been a narcissist my whole life until I met you I realized that I'm capable of loving someone as well and I'm not giving up on that. I just want you to forgive me talk to me like you talk with your other cousins, i don't want to see you hating me. Please' his eyes shined as he controlled his tears and it broke me seeing a part of myself in his eyes and maybe that's what I said without thinking

'I forgive you Zach also give you the permission to persue me but give me a break before that, let me find myself and stick back my broken heart. If you want to try I won't stop you but I ain't giving into your trials any time soon.' I know I shouldn't be trusting a man after what I've been though but maybe I really am a fool and idiot.

' Oh thank you soo soo much I-' I froze on my spot as the warmth from before returned when Zachariah hugged me out of the blue, it soon left when he stumbled back apologizing for his behavior, 'Oh I'm sorry I s-shouldn't have I, I- I guess I should go now yeah' he quickly went to his car and vanished from my view. I couldn't help but laugh at how cute he looked while blushing.  I turned on my heels and froze for the second time that day because Zain was standing at the door with a very angry expression, his steel blue eyes fixed on mine.

How long was he there?

🌹🌹🌹

I'm sorry

I'm soo soo sorry

Please forgive your author-nim for going MIA on you guys

Trust me it wasn't my intention to do so *sobs* but I was stuck in a writer's block and didn't knew how to write this chapter tbh this wasn't going to be like this but now I really like how this chapter turned out.

And don't you think Zach has turned into a sweetheart uwu

Give your votes and support

I'm not Going to keep any chapter goal now but I really hope you guys make this reach over 50 atleast.

I'll try and upload more often now

Till then

Take care A-Listers

Love you❤️

Follow me on Instagram @piedpoetrypiper you can read my writings and poems and get updated about my books