Chapter 37

Hayden's POV

-

I couldn't sleep for the entire night. It consisted of constant turning and tossing for hours until the golden ray of the sun peaked through the blinds.

My mind kept imagining different ways of meeting the unfortunate soul that married Immanuel.

I was so zoned out that I didn't even notice when Alexis came in, I turned over and saw that she was awake.

"Couldn't sleep either huh?" I asked.

"Nope, what if its way worse than we expected?" She sighed.

"It can't be that bad, we'll just make it our own like what we did here" I said

"You really think so?" She looked at me.

"Nope, we're definitely goners" I chuckled

The sun was up but it was still early, most of the students were still asleep when Alexis and I decided to take separate showers.

I sat there on the couch, my eyes landed on the metal knob and the small ticking sounds of the clock filled me nerves. With each passing second, the more nervous I grew.

Somewhere deep down, I hoped it was just a joke. There's no way he could actually ship us off to the other side of the Academy right?

Yeah he's just pulling a joke on us. Then again, the man has a terrible sense of humor.

A knock from the door caused me to flinch. The moment we've dreaded was finally here.

I slowly made my way over to the door, taking as much time as I could before I opened it.

My eyes were immediately met with Immanuel, Cameron, Jade and Abeke with their suitcases. Yep, it's not a joke. I repeat, it's not a joke.

We slowly followed behind them, leaving the shitty academy behind. My fingers grazed against the dark walls, I noticed Alexis's eyes landed on a familiar door.

We reached to the gate of the academy, three security guards stood by the black iron gate, never did I imagine leaving this place only to be placed into a worse institution.

We made our way into the Black SUV, basic I know, turns out Immanuel has a lot of things we didn't know about. When we were all seated, his neck snapped around from the front seat

"Its going to take two nights to get there, so well be stopping at Inns, oh and if you think you can escape I know everyone at these Inns so don't make this hard for us capiche?" He said as we nod our heads.

On the bright side this is the second time we have been outside since we were forced to come here, I guess we'll have to enjoy it while it lasts, I thought. We were on the road for a while when I noticed that the vehicle was slowing down until it finally came to a stop.

"I'm going in to use the washroom, you guys will come sit down inside and don't talk to anyone, don't even talk to each other" He said sternly.

The man stepped out of the car and we followed behind, my eyes glanced around in search for maybe somewhere to escape, but guards were all around. Unfortunately they were the strict ones we never talked to.

Immanuel headed into the restroom and we took seat at a vacant table of the diner. Immediately, my eyes caught a waitress. She smiled sweetly as she walked past us

"That's it, I have to do something" Camren mumbled

"Like what? Yell for help in the middle of a diner with guards next to us?!" Jade hissed