Now what should I do. Should I leave or should I stay?

I was thinking only when I heard her voice.

"When did you came?" She asked.

I wasn't expecting this question.Now what should I reply to her. Shall I tell her the truth that I came long before and was watching her dancing. This sounds so weird. It sounds like I am some love sick puppy and was watching the love of my life dancing and singing. Oh goodness.

So what should I tell her now.  If I tell her the truth now and later she asks that why didn't I stopped her or why was I watching her then what I will say.

Should I just lie to her that I came just now.

I shouldn't have stayed here in the first place and now I am stuck here.

"I came a few minutes ago." I said. She didn't turn around to face me even now. Why she's not turning. Well in a way it's good for me. In this way I don't have to face her.

"Oh, okay. I... I'll.... I was just.." she is stuttering. I didn't expected this from her, not after I saw her like that, dancing without any care in the world or maybe it's just that she is embarrassed maybe.

"I prepared some cupcakes. Would you like to have some?" She asked.

I didn't want to think about it but the thought of my mom came in my mind. She was the only one who used to bake for me. After her no one ever baked anything for me. Her asking me to eat homemade cupcakes made me think of those days which are nothing more but just few of the many memories of my mom.

"No." I said after coming back of that trance and hurriedly left from there. I cannot get weak, not in front of her. Also, I am not weak. I am strong, I have dealt with it until now and I will manage to do it in the future too.

I reached my room and went to take a shower. I turned on the tap and water droplets started pouring on me, it helps me clearing my head and relaxes my sour muscles.

After changing into more comfortable clothes I came out of the bathroom.
The room is empty. It means she is still downstairs. I let out a breath of relief.

I was thinking to take rest for sometime but choose against it and started working on the laptop.

I was still working when I heard a knock on the door.

When I opened the door I saw her standing there with her head slightly bent down.

She raised her head and looked at me but then diverted her gaze.

"Lunch is ready. Uncle also came a few minutes ago. You didn't eat anything since morning, have your lunch now." She said politely and then added "if you want to."

"I am not hungry and I have some work to complete. I will eat later on." I said. It's not a complete lie, I am not that much hungry. I can manage not eating for next few hours.

"If you want I can bring your food here in the room. I think you should have your lunch now. It's late already. You can finish your work afterwards." She said while shifting her gaze from my face to the wall beside me. She didn't sound nervous but she also didn't sound completely bold.

I wanted to deny but I also didn't want to. So I slightly nodded towards her and came out of the room. She moved back to give me some space. I closed the door behind me and gestured towards her to move ahead and I followed her.

When I reached downstairs dad was already sitting there and was eating cupcake and was smiling very brightly.

"Oh son come come. I am sorry but I was not able to hold myself back after seeing these delicious cupcakes and so I already started. Come and have some, and Ravya, I must say that you are a really good baker. They are really delicious. I never knew that I was craving them until I saw them on the table."

He said while looking at both of us. I am seeing him this happy after so many years. I can see his eyes shining. It may sound like I am exaggerating but after both of our moms died I never saw him this happy.

"Thank you so much." she said standing beside me while grinning from ear to ear. Whenever I see her, most of the time I see her smiling like this only. Whenever dad praises her for her cooking she always reply with the same grin. Seeing her smiling like this make me think of my mom. She also used to smile like this whenever she used to see us and she used to serve us all the food with the same smile on her face. I miss her. But I have to stay strong for my dad, for our family.

I sat down and started having my lunch. The smell of cupcakes and their sight is looking delicious. I was looking at them under my eyelashes. Oh my god why the hell I am acting like this. I closed my eyes to get control on my emotions. When I opened my eyes I saw the plate of cupcakes held in front of me. When I looked up I saw her holding the plate of cupcakes in her hands in front of my face and a small smile plastered on my face.

"I didn't know that you like the cupcakes that much. Try some. They are not that bad." She said.

How does she know that I like cupcakes. Then I saw my father and a grin is plastered on his face and he is gesturing me to take one. By looking at her I can say that he told her all this.

When did he told her all this. I am sitting right here I didn't heard them talking. What is happening in this house. These two individuals sitting in front of me are something else.

The way she is looking at me  expectantly with her doe like eyes and my father doing all those gestures made me move my hand forward and I picked one piece.

◆●◆●◆●◆●◆●◆●◆●◆●◆●◆●◆●◆●◆●

Hello everyone.

I hope you all liked the chapter. Tell me how it was.
Also I want to thank each and everyone of you for your love and support. Readers like you all help writers to keep on going.

I Love You all my readers.