Chapter 7.

I left the house without having breakfast. It's just 7:00 in the morning and no one is up.

I just can't face any one of them right now, especially her.
I reached my office and without wasting a single minute I started working.

It's almost noon when I got a call from my dad asking about my whereabouts and also about me missing on the breakfast table. I told him about me attending an urgent meeting.

It's almost 9 in the evening and I am still sitting in my office doing some work.
I am not yet ready to face her. I don't know what to do. This is the second time I am feeling this helpless, first time was when my mother left me. Left us all alone. I was shattered at that time. But things are not the same anymore.
But even now everyday when I wake up I feel like there is a void inside me. Like something is missing inside me. From so many years, after her, I have lived like this only. Everyday I wake up with no enthusiasm to live.

It's past 11 when I reached home. I was hoping for everyone to be asleep but when I entered my room I saw that the lights were still on. She was sitting on the bed reading a book. She lowered the book from her face and looked at me.

"You are back. I was waiting for you. You can go and change, I will bring the dinner." She said while getting up from the bed and moving towards me. I was just standing by the door watching her as she spoke. After my mom there was no one who would wait for me up till this late. I felt warm in my heart at her gesture, but I am better than this. I can't let these feelings overwhelm me.

"I had my dinner in the office." I said and her face fell.

"Oh okay. It's okay. Umm.. do you need anything else?"

"No, thankyou. I will just sleep now." I said walking into my closet.
After changing I came back in the room but she was not in the room, thinking that she might have gone to take something I moved towards the bed and lay down.

When even after good 10 minutes she didn't come I decided to check the balcony but she was not there. I don't want to know where she is. It's none of my concern. Why I am feeling like to check up on her.
I left the room and went downstairs. There she was sitting on the dining table. She is having her dinner. She didn't had her dinner yet? Why is she eating this late. It's almost half past eleven.

I moved towards her and she turned her face towards me.

"You are having your dinner this late? You usually eat this late only?"

"No. I thought that we could have our dinner together. So I was waiting for you. But since you already ate so that's why." She said looking towards her plate.

She was waiting for me to have dinner with? I never thought that she would do that. I mean it's an arrange marriage. I am avoiding her since day one. Even before our marriage I never made a move or showed any interest towards her. I didn't even call her once, before the marriage. With that I realized I don't have her phone number. But it's okay. It's not like I am ever going to call her now.
There can be only two reasons why she's doing all this. Either she really wants our so called arrange marriage to work or she is so dumb and naive to actually see my disinterest towards her.

"It will be better for you to not wait for me at dinner from tomorrow onwards." I said while walking towards the stairs. I know that it was rude of me but I don't want her to see any good in me. It will be better that way.

I entered the room and laid down on my bed, since I realized I can't sleep on the couch. I push all my thoughts at the back of my head because I am exhausted and I really need a peaceful sleep to make myself work tomorrow.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Hello everyone. Sorry for such a late update.
Hope you guys will like it. Do tell how how it was.
And thank you so so so much guys for 4K+ views.
Love you all my readers.