Feeling alive

We stay inside the truck, for hours, until the sun starts falling down into the sea. I slowly put my hand on my pocket, feeling the small box waiting for me. I look at Collin, he's sleeping, wrapping his plush toy with his arms, resting his head on the window. 

I sigh and leave the car.

I stay looking at the sea, thinking. . . I should have asked more about my father. . . I should have spent more time with my mother. . . The sun begins to touch very slowly the sea, then someone taps my back. I turn around, it's Collin. 

I take his hand, looking at him. He smiles softly and squeezes my hand. We start walking inside the big lighthouse, holding hands. There's nobody around, luckily.

We walk upstairs to the top. Then we stay looking at the horizon, standing in the big balcony. The big blue sea with the sun diving into the water slowly. I close my eyes, the wind on my face and feeling Collin's hand was enough. In that moment I hear Collin making the breathing-yoga thing. I chuckle a little and glancing a look to him.

He looks at the floor and lets a sigh "I sorry. . . for everything". I stay looking at him, without saying a word. Then I look back at the horizon, "My life was. . . cooking and building. . . It's been always like that. I remembered only wake up and think of going to work. When I went back to my house I just made my bag for the next day and sleep—" And that was true.

It was only like that "—And that for years. And years. Until one day, I heard something in my living room." I look at him. He giggles, still looking at the floor. I take a deep breath and continue "I found something. Well, someone. . . That made me see the world in a different perspective. I really didn't like to go to fishing, or do picnic. Actually, I never made a campfire before. But you made me see the world in a different way" I say holding both of his hands. He's now looking at me.

"I never felt alive, Till there was you. You showed me things that nobody would never showed me before. Collin. . . you made me live. . . Collin. . .—" I start slowly kneeling down, putting my hand on my pocket.

I take out the small box and open it. Inside is the golden ring I bought. I start trembling a little, I really don't know if it's for fright or for excitement, showing him the ring with a knee on the floor. My heart is beating a thousand per hour, I clear my throat "—W-would . . . would you-" . "Yes . . ." He says looking at me, wagging softly his tail, with his ears lowered, but the typical rapid breath.

I slowly stand up and grab softly his hand. His hands are shivering, well . . . mines as well. I grab the ring and softly introduce it on his finger. Then he looks at me. I slowly rest my hand on his cheek, while we start leaning closer. 

But he looks down, "Will. . . are you su-". I kiss him, before he can continue, I kiss him closing my eyes. He slowly wraps his arms around my neck while I'm with my arms around his waist, pulling him even closer, as we pressed against our lips. With the warm breeze of a warm sunset and the noise of the waves of the sea breaking somewhere.