A Chance

We talked for a while. Then my mum turn to look at me, "Hey son, why don't we make a campfire? That would be nice". I stand up "Oh well, I'll bring some firewood". I walk into my closet and put a warm jacket. Then I leave the house. I look at the sky, it's starting to get dark, and walking around the woods in a dark night it's not too nice. I quickly grab my axe and start walking straight. I didn't walk long before I found a dry tree, perfect for firewood. I grab my axe and 10 minutes later, I'm walking back to my house with good wood. I put the big pieces of wood on top of the table -next to the fishing rods- and walk into the front door of the house.

I enter but there's nobody there. "Mom? . . . Collin?" But there's no answer. Oh no. . . she already sold him to the black market. . . Oh my god no, not Collin. Maybe now he is fainted in the trunk of my mom's little Honda. Why. . . why him.

I run outside my house through the same door, but there's the little red Honda parked next to my truck. I walk back inside the house and start looking everywhere. Then I open the back door. And there's my mother, sitting in the edge of the lake with a hand on her head and next to her is Collin. They're talking, Collin's tail is not wagging, not moving at all, and my mum now is looking at him. Then Collin rest a hand on her back, moving it up-and-down in a comforting way.

I enter back to my house and walk into the kitchen. I open one drawer and take out a bag of marshmallows. I put the bag on top of the counter. There's when Collin enter through the back door. He gets closer to me and hugs me.

What. . . she traumatized him? What did she tell him? Are you ok? . . .

I surprise look at him, "What's wrong?". He separates "Your mum told me she needed to leave, and if I can give you a hug from her" then he smiles. I smile at him too. "Oh right, I have to teach you something" I say looking at him. I stand in front of him and extend my hand. "Hold it, tight but no too much". He holds it, and then I start shacking it up-and-down. "People normally greet each other this way".

That day we didn't make the campfire. I change to the comfortable clothes I use sometimes to sleep and get closer to my bed. But I stay stand up for a few minutes, staring at the white bedspreads. Then I walk into the living room, I look at Collin preparing the couch.

"Hey Collin" I say while he turns around to look at me. "Yeah?" . "Just saying, I think that couch it's uncomfortable to sleep. So, if you want you can come to my bed" I say scratching the back of my head. He smiles and nods.

I walk back to my bedroom and grab my phone. I see a text message from M0M from 8 minutes ago, /He's a great guy. Give him a chance, and I told u. UFO/ I kill my phone and put it on the floor. Collin enters into my room, hugging a white pillow. "Make yourself comfortable, I'm going to turn off the lights" I say walking outside the room.