Everything is happening

I park my truck in a free spot just in front of the jewelry store. I enter and a woman get closer to me. "Good morning sir, How can I help?" She asks excited, running her hands into her back. 

"Hi, hmm I'm looking for rings" I reply. She guides me to a section where are many rings and everything.

Some minutes later, I climb back to my car. I put my hand on my pocket, there's no phone. I must leave it at home. . . I put the small box, with the ring inside, on my empty pocket and start driving back home. 

I enter to my house and close the door. But when I turn around, Collin hugs me very tight. "Collin? Everything Ok?" I ask worried hugging him back. He's crying, "It's your mom. . .". I stay freeze "My mum? Collin, What happened?" I ask.

He gives me my phone "She. . . passed away".

My mom . . . the woman that helped me all my life . . . I remember her. . . long years back . . . When I got closer to her in the mid-night for a bad dream. . . when I fell down on the park or the first time we went to a picnic . . . The sun in our faces, the cest on the sand, I could feel her soft hand resting on top of mine. I could hear the peaceful water, I could hear her giggling about the story I'm telling. . . I could see her sitting on the edge of the lake, with Collin next to her, I could see the dark sky with shining little points. . .

Now I'm in the passenger seat of my truck. Collin's driving. I see him leaving the car, a few seconds later, I hear my side of the door opening. I'm motionless, like a robot with no batteries or a human with no soul. He holds my hand and pulls me out of the car.

He pulls me inside what seems a hospital. He kept pulling me for what was, or seemed like, hours. Until he stops in front of a room. And I see her. . . lying down in a big stretcher, sleeping. Sleeping in a dream that she won't ever wake up. The cardiac monitor is turned off and hanging in a shining board are a few cardiographs, seems like a head.

I slowly get closer to her, I kneel holding her hand with both of my hands. "Please. . . –" I whispered, closing my eyes hard. Feeling the strong feel of loneliness in my life. I squeeze her hand, looking down and pressing her hand on my head. "—. . . please. . . wake up. . . don't leave me. . .—". I never saw her sad. I never felt alone next to her. She's been always with a smile and opens arms for me. "— please . . .".

And I feel a soft hand on my shoulder. I open my eyes, it's Collin. He crouches and hugs me tight. "I sorry . . ." He whispers softly. I stand up and look around. There's no doctor, no nurses. I leave the room, nobody outside. I turn around and look at Collin, "We shouldn't be here" I say. I forgot everything about the Aliens things, now I might be in a few minutes with my mouth taped on the trunk of a car. I grab his hand and start running into the back exit.

I open the door as fast as I can. We can hear some sirens from the other side of the big building, all what I think it would happen is happening. . . the FBI and that stupid things. I start running into my truck, holding-squeezing Collin's hand. We get inside and I start driving away. Not too fast, not too slow.

I keep driving somewhere else for hours, straight. Until I finally park in a peaceful place, a place where I saw for last time my father, and for last time to my real mother. Not the happy woman that likes Alien things, but the woman who dreamed to have a perfect man in her life. I can see some people leaving through the bottom door of the lighthouse. I just cover my face with both of my hands, trying not to cry. Feeling Collin's soft hand resting on my shoulder.