|𝟐𝟒| "𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 '𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩' 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬"

𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 a sight he was to behold. It was sight that Monet couldn't seem to get her eyes off of. She was readying for the recent patrolling missions for the Underground operation.

Proceeding Murphy's death, every precaution that could be taken was put into use. Monet knew how serious Noah was now being with them, and she was only now realising how endearing he was when he was serious.

She could now understand why everyone was so drawn to him, yet feared him simultaneously. The collar of his trench coat sat up with authority and his hazel stare was enough to get anyone entranced. He'd given himself a haircut and neatened the stubble that she was beginning to like, looking like the presentable self he was known for.

The base line to it was that he was incredibly attractive, from the way he looked, to the way he walked, to the way he talked, to the way he even killed the dead. Monet couldn't take her eyes off of him. Her lips tingled from thoughts about the kiss almost a week ago, and soon found herself smiling.

She barely noticed Zara and Sasha approaching her. "Who are you staring at? You're here drooling differently." Sasha asked, throwing an arm around Monet. She snapped from her trance and hummed.

"I'm not staring at anyone," she denied. She discreetly glanced at Zara who was tightening her bulletproof vest.

"Well, according to my trajectory," Sasha squinted her eyes and looked around in the direction that Monet was initially looking, "you was looking at... Kenji? Ooh, no, Noah lines up perfectly!"

   Zara's head rose to the name, but remained quiet. Monet waved off Sasha and continued to deny her claims. Noah gazed towards Monet, hoping to catch her attention, and witnessing the girls' bickering. They all waved sweetly, and he smiled with a small wave in return, a little confused.

   "Definitely Noah," Sasha quietly confirmed under her breath, chuckling. Monet jabbed her arm. "You might have some more competition now, Zara, Monet has entered the game." Zara jabbed her arm harshly as well.

   The plan for the day was to complete as many of the "Operation: Underground" objectives as possible. "You should've seen the way Noah came in the other day, Monet, Mack looked shook to the core." Sasha laughed.

"I knew he'd be back to himself sooner or later," Zara shrugged proudly.

Sasha scoffed, "Oh, she was loving it the most. The smile on her face was terrible." Zara punched her best friend again, as she laughed uncontrollably at the memory.

"He does look better. As intimidating as he was when I first met him." Monet huffed, her eyes wandering back over to him loading one of the rovers with a crate of ammo.

"Well, lucky for you, Mo, you're on his team at the station." Sasha poked.

"Where are you two?" Monet dismissed her statement.

"Since the museum was my idea, Noah's got me leading the largest team. It'll be crowded with croakers. She's going up north." Zara answered and Sasha nodded cheerfully.

"The thought of an abandoned factory seems cool." she shrugged. "Quell said she'll teach me a few things about engineering, so I'm down." As Sasha continued on about how much she wanted to become an electrician, Noah approached from behind, wrapping his arms around her in a bear hug.