|𝟏𝟑| "𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧"

𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 atop Noah's head like a drum, Murphy created a rhythmic beat to which he shuffled around to. Unamused, Noah stared at his blank expression in the mirror.

   "Bruv, why don't you smile? You should be happy for me right now." Noah only groaned. "Come on now, it's actually not that hard to smile, fam, and you've got a smile that gets all the gyal, like," Murphy pulled up his cheeks, meeting his eyes in the mirror. "there we go,"

"Murph," he sighed. Dropping his cheeks, he sighed too.

"Do you need your dick sucked or something, 'cause what the fuck?" he replied bluntly, picking up the electric razor.

"No," It caused Noah to lightly chuckle. Murphy cleaned up the sides of his hair and perfected a skin fade.

"Well, you should be happy. I'm soon to make my girl my fiancée and your face is all twist up."

"Of course I'm happy for you, mate, it's just hard not to stress about the switchover." It almost felt like bad luck that Murphy's impulsive self felt like life was too short to wait and wanted to propose on the same day as the switchover. The nerves were eating more at his excitement for him. Noah couldn't seem to get past the fact that Monet wasn't safe, feeling like he was to blame.

The amount of paranoia he was feeling gave him a headache. Maybe he did need the sexual gratification, it had been a little while since he'd last linked Mariah.

"You hope Monet is alright, innit?"

"Yeah," he muttered. Murphy pushed down Noah's head slightly to get the back.

"So you want her to suck your dick...?"

There was a moment of silence before the two of them laughed. "Murphy, you're disgusting. I just care about her."

"Hey, don't shit on me for thinking that, you don't really give a shit about most people, especially when you're not almost getting them pregnant."

"Zara said the same, why do you lot even think that?" he muttered, "I just want Monet safe, that's all, you lot are all shocked that I actually care for people's safety." Murphy snorted.

"You definitely like her, though. She's pretty, intelligent. I always see you smiling like some dickhead around her." Murphy teased.

"Well, she's funny," Noah admitted.

"Ah, then maybe she'll have you creasing till your dick is inside her," With those words, Noah tried his best to swing back at him, Murphy dodged, just barely saving Noah's haircut. "Oi, fam, unless you want me to do a bad job, you better keep your hands down."

Noah chuckled, "Shut your foul mouth." The two men laughed together.

Then in the comfortable silence, Murphy hummed, "I wanted to let you know about something that I overheard last night, Mack said it to Travis... almost like he knew him, and West didn't seem bothered either."

Noah's brows furrowed, "What do you mean, what did he say?"

"He mentioned Angelo ensuring him that Travis would be able to kill you, but now that he hasn't, you'll find out everything," he answered in verbatim.

   "What the fu—"

Noah failed to answer Murphy before West entered with Quincy, looking flustered. West paced aimlessly while the Rottweiler jovially went to greet his owner, then placing his chin on Noah's knees as he pet him.

"West, it's actually alright, the chair won't eat you," Murphy spoke jokingly, breaking Noah's short train of thought, as West failed to listen.

"I can't believe we're not letting Angelo pay for what he's done." West grunted. Noah rolled his eyes, he'd been hearing the same lines of vengeance throughout the night prior and he was tired of it.

Noah understood why revenge would be crucial at this point, but his paranoia from the previous, empty silence was already raising his blood pressure, and anticipation for the response of impulse would essentially kill him.

"We've talked about this, West," he sighed.

"He has my fucking sister, can you just imagine what he's doing to her? Can you imagine if that were your sister?" he babbled with worry. It didn't sit right with Noah, especially imagining his dead sister in that position. She'd already passed terribly with their mother initially, torture wasn't a suitable follow-up for his mental health.

"She'll be fine once we get her back this evening. She's strong as fuck, West, she'll get through it." Murphy reassured, turning off the razor. Noah slowly arose, using a brush to tame the waves in his coily hair.

"She'll be fine," Noah also said, not even believing himself, and gave his friend a hug. West gave him a thankful squeeze. He needed all the hope he could get, and so did Noah.

The sun was due to set in less than an hour. Noah was setting up the one rover that was going to London Bridge. The small team that was accompanying him were equipped with bulletproof vests, as well as himself, just for precaution.

Murphy and Sasha hugged tightly and rocked around. Noah, who was checking his magazine, glared at them when they bumped into him.

"Shit, sorry, Noah," Sasha mumbled over Murphy's arm eloping her like a small child.

"Murphy, don't forget to put on your bulletproof vest—and stop distracting him Sasha." Noah jokingly scolded.

"Oh come on, Noah, you'd not let go if it were you as well. Go try it with Zara or something, I know that girl will enjoy it." Sasha replied.

"Nah, nah, mate." Noah scoffed. It was unusual that he hadn't seen Zara all day, she was usually always with Sasha. He was sure she wouldn't be very keen on talking to him after their last conversation.

   "Get your vests, guys," he reminded.

"Already done, Noah," Sasha answered, while Murphy continued to squeeze her petite body.

"Sash, I love you so much, yeah, don't forget that." Murphy said to her, she went back to hugging him tightly.

"Who's getting Travis?" He was ignored. Noah tutted and got everything else ready.

After finishing setup, Noah shadowed Emmanuel and Carlton with Travis, pushing his head gently into the rover, and then shouting for the teams to haul themselves into it also. They set out, just as the sun began to set.