|𝟑𝟒| "𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧"

𝐓𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐘 was the only day this week that it hadn't poured with rain. Monet and Noah took that opportunity to begin building the frame of their greenhouse. It was a little downtime for them before the meeting Noah planned with the main leaders that will direct the armies. Remaining on high alert was crucial in this time, but the Everwinterian leader just wanted to feel normal with her... just for a few hours.

   "Where do you think we're gonna find the clear tarp?" Monet questioned, swinging her hammer. Noah secured another nail before looking down at her.

   "There's an abandoned B&Q not too far from here, there should be some gardening stuff left there." he answered. He stepped down from the stool he was standing on and sat on it. "Probably best if we didn't leave the walls again for now, though." Mack had called on the burner almost two weeks ago, it was difficult to be able to predict when they were planning to strike but Angelo advised to evacuate as many people as possible. With defences up as high as they could go, the safest bet was to sit tight and wait in anticipation.

   Monet nodded in agreement, taking his hammer and replacing it in the toolbox. As she fiddled with the latch, he sighed, "Mo, I don't think you should kill your brother."

She froze. "What?"

He repeated his words firmly, as she slowly rose to his eye level. His soft concern drastically contrasted her furrowed brows. "I don't think it'll be good for you." The words were slightly shocking to her, she hadn't ever considered that someone would stand in the way of her decision, when she'd settled on her plan over a year ago.

"Then, who will? 'Cause even though he's never said it, he wants you dead, and if it wasn't for Mack, he'd do it himself."

"Zara, Kenji, anyone but you. Sasha could use the closure for Murphy, but you—" he listed. Monet hushed him, stepping forward and placing a gentle hand on his chest.

"Noah, babe, I'm gonna stop you there, before you say something that'll really piss me the fuck off." she softly warned and his slightly ajar mouth instantly slammed shut. "I'm doing it. He killed my father because he wanted to prove that he wasn't as incompetent as he seemed. He then looked me in the eye and tried to kill me too. I'm doing it."

   "Mo, he's your brother, he's the only family you have left." he timidly continued. He could sense her agitation, so he carefully placed his hands on her hips. "I don't want you to do something you might regret, it'll will sit with you for a long time." He knew what it was like to lose people that mattered most to him and it broke him, he didn't want the same to happen to her.

   "Look, I know you had a lot of love for your sister, but Westley's dangerous, and I'm not going to regret what I will do to him. He's killed everyone I love, and I'm not gonna let him kill anyone else. I'm not gonna let him kill you." she strictly stated.

   An eye for an eye, revenge was all she sought for. Monet was going to be the one to watch him bleed. Fuck whatever was "good" for her, she was going to end him, if it were the last thing she'd ever live to see.

   Noah couldn't seem to understand it. After being riddled with paranoia for countless years, it led him to commit acts that he thought would save him, but in fact left him with buckets of regret. He, however never experienced the mind-crunching feeling of vengeance, failing to comprehend how it would insatiably feed on one's morals until fulfilled.

   He would never understand the mental torment that was controlling Monet's motivation, and he couldn't bear to believe that it was enough to make her emotionless...

   "Monet..." he softly uttered. Her eyes held nothing but murderous intent, absently staring into Noah's hazel eyes that darted across her cold features worriedly. She then blinked, averting her eyes and stepping away from him. She was too far gone before he could pull her back into his arms.