{26} Her handsome heroes

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX; HER HANDSOME HEROES

and i don't like it when filthy gryffindors speak with my lady.

: 'space was just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get too close.' ~nick jonas, close (feat. tove lo)

SIXTH YEAR AT HOGWARTS WAS BUSY. Though there were no actual exams, like O.W.L's or N.E.W.T's, the year was filled with tonnes and tonnes of essays, assignments and just overall, a shitload of homework. Leah honestly had no idea how she had managed to pull through the first few months.

Joining Raven for dinner, she made sure not to look towards the Gryffindor table. She was too confused, and too swamped with homework to speak with any of the boys at that moment. That, unfortunately, did not stop them from seeing her. Without a word, they walked up to her, (both Ron and Harry). Pointedly clearing their throats as they attempted to ignore the hateful glares from the rest of the Slytherin table. She turned her head around, looking at them, nerves flooding her as she rose from the bench she was sat on, walking out of the Great Hall quickly, sighing as she heard their hurried footsteps behind her.

"Yes?" She was tapping her foot impatiently against the stone floor.

"We just-"

"We thought-"

The boys spoke in unison, interrupting each other as the air around them grew tenser with awkwardness.

"Which one of us-"

"do you like?" Ron finished, nervously fiddling his hands together a bit, while Harry scratched the back of his neck, looking everywhere but towards her.

"Erm...well..." She felt her cheeks grow hotter as she tried to muster up a correct answer. She wasn't in love with either of them. As only one person held the key to her heart, however he had chosen to throw it away like it meant nothing to him. Perhaps it was a better idea to let one of the Gryffindor boys in.

The connection she'd shared with Draco was something she'd never share with anyone else.

But maybe, she could find a way to love one of them, no matter how much it caused her heart to tighten when thinking about it. Loving someone that wasn't Draco.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, filthy Gryffindors." The Slytherin Prince growled out as he paced over to where the three fellow students were standing.

"Sod off Malfoy. This doesn't concern you."

"Blimey! Harry's right. Why do you even care, Malfoy?"

Draco's face was twisted with anger, Leah noticed.

It scared her.

She had never seen him like this.

This mad. Furious. His tone. It was cold.

Empty.

The boy that had involved himself into the conversation stood promptly in between Leah and the two Gryffindors, almost to hide her from them. He seemed determined. To prove a point.

"Because, Potter. You're chatting with my girl." He spat, his tone asserting dominance as he chose to ignore the slight gasp that came from behind him. "And I don't like it when filthy Gryffindors speak with my lady."

"What?" The boys questioned in unison, looking at Leah, who just stared at the floor.

"Leah?" Ron Weasley tried to get her to speak, but she stayed quiet, her gaze still pointed towards the bricks beneath them.