{25} Conflicted

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE; CONFLICTED

❝teach me your ways, sis. ❞

'♫: 'coming down, one love, two mouths, one love, one house, no shirt, no blouse.' ~james harris, sweater weather

"FOR MERLIN'S SAKE DRACO! NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU!" She yelled out, her frustration having reached its limit.

"I'm not saying that! I'm just saying that I have it harder-"

"It's always about you! You have it oh so hard because you didn't receive six thousand presents from mummy and daddy this year!" She scoffed, rolling her eyes, her tone loud. "Hear this Draco, I have never received a Christmas present! So for the love of Merlin, shut, up, about lacking them."

He closed his eyes briefly, closing his mouth, which had been hanging open from mere shock.

"I didn't know-"

"Because you never care to ask anyone about their lives. It's always me-this and me-that. And guess what, Malfoy? The world doesn't revolve around you!" She moved past him, hitting him with her shoulder as she made her way out of the common room, slamming the door shut. She hurried her way into the regular corridors, out of the dungeons, on her way for a walk by the lake, briefly groaning out in frustration.

"You alright there Leah?" Came the questioning voice of Ron Weasley. Regardless of what people said of him, he was actually a nice guy and a compassionate friend. People were wrong to describe him as someone who 'only eats' and 'says rude stuff for no reason'. She nodded, as an answer to his question, driving a hand through her hair.

"Just Malfoy being, Malfoy." Ron chuckled briefly at her statement, a slightly awkward smile present on his face as he walked with her, through the corridors.

"What's he done this time?" His tone was a bit defensive, but kind nonetheless.

"He can be a bit of a selfish, arrogant, git sometimes." At this, the two laughed, stepping outside the castle, now on their way to the lake.

Ron lifted his left arm, looking at his wrist, even though he did not have a watch of any sorts, raising an eyebrow.

"And it took you exactly....six years to figure that out? You're a bloody genius, Leah!"

"Shut up Weasley." She growled lowly, giggling afterwards, her mood and spirits already having improved majorly.

"Either way, where are we headed?" He questioned as they neared the lake, the slight smile now grown into a full, warm one.

"I was just planning on taking a walk along the lake? Maybe sit down and sketch a bit." She replied simply, slightly adjusting the bag that hung over her shoulder as she continued walking, adding quickly. "Please don't feel obligated to join me. I wouldn't want to steal you away from Harry and Hermione."

"Nonsense-" He muttered out, trailing behind her. "-I can hang out with friends that aren't them too."

She smiled at his words, nodding.

"Then hurry and walk next to me, silly."

[♚]

She was engulfed by darkness. However, it was comfortable, sort of. She was lying down in a bed, she noticed. She had been awoken by voices. Loud voices, arguing about something. They were both male, and familiar. She just couldn't exactly pinpoint who they belonged to.

"She won't choose you, Malfoy. Not ever. Know why? Because you're evil. You're a death, eater. Your father, tortured her for months on end. You're the bloody reason she's even in here! If she doesn't wake up I'll-"