{19} The Age Of Dissonance

CHAPTER NINETEEN; THE AGE OF DISSONANCE

abracadabra?

: 'd-o-l-l-h-o-u-s-e, i see things that nobody else sees.'~melanie martinez, dollhouse

WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?" Zabini's voice was calm as he raised an eyebrow at his friend, sitting on his bed.

"Tell you what?" Draco's voice still sounded as on edge as it had before. Almost as if he was going to blow up if Blaise didn't choose his words right.

"That you care about her."

"About who?" The tone of his voice changed to worried. He didn't know. He couldn't know. Blaise had no way of knowing.

"Salazar, Draco. You know who." Blaise looked at him, non-judgemental.

"Don't tell anyone, Zabini. Or I swear to Merlin I will rip you apart." Blaise chuckled softly, nodding.

"You have my word, Draco. Now tell me how all of this happened." The Slytherin Prince drove a hand over his face as he sat down across from him, sighing. Just like last year, he confided in Zabini. But this time, it wasn't a mistake. In fact, it was this conversation, that had saved his life. Both of their lives.

"It all started with that goddamn plan-"

[]

"Since you always complain about things being too quiet, I got you this!" Raven smirked as she handed over the to her foreign muggle instrument. They'd been back at Hogwarts for a little more than two weeks now, Leah smiled as she opened her eyes, taking the guitar from her sister's hands.

"No. Rave you didn't." Leah's eyes were filled with tears.

Happy, tears.

"Mum and dad did. They got the papers today! September 18th has now been declared our shared birthday." She said as she giggled, sitting down on the bed next to her.

"I haven't played since I last left the orphanage." She placed the guitar in her lap, starting to play a simple tune, humming along a little as she saw Raven's face lit up in amazement.

"Woah!" She smiled, super amazed by the fact that a muggle instrument could just-do stuff like that. "Now that's muggle magic if I've ever seen any!" The Crawford sisters laughed the entire afternoon, just having fun in each other's company, they often discussed the weirdest topics.

"Wait!-Wait! Muggles know spells?!"

"I guess there's one! For opening doors, we used to say Abr-" She stopped herself as she saw Raven's face. Twisted in shock at what Leah was about to say.

"Bloody Salazar! Muggles say what?!"

"Abracadabra. For opening doors!" She added the last part quickly, unable to keep a straight face as Raven's continued to twist with shock and confusion.

"That is crazy. You are one crazy woman, Leah Nightingale."

"Severus, I was beginning to worry you had lost your way-"

A cold voice cut through Raven's laughter as Leah dropped the guitar, it coming down with a crash. She stood up quickly, her eyes glossed over, barely breathing.

"Come, we've saved you a seat." She couldn't see anything. There was just darkness. Just complete darkness. She was glad she was in the dark. Especially with what happened next.