{22} Fakeness and Arrogance

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO; FAKENESS AND ARROGANCE

shut up. you're not real.

: 'you see me, bare.' ~WILDES, Bare

TUESDAY, 7th of March, 1976,

It was a calm and peaceful day at Ilvermorny School Of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Not much had happened. In fact, everything was going the way it usually did. Life at the school was about as regular as a muggle drinking coffee.

At Ilvermorny, every house had its own proconsuls, with their respective rights. Andreah Moore, the female fifth year proconsul of the almighty house Thunderbird, was making her way along the familiar Halls, stopping at a group of boys.

"Seriously Nightingale. Smoking pot?" She scoffed at the young boy in front of her, who too was a proconsul of their house.

"I know we don't get along but do you have to ruin this for me too?" Being a proconsul at Ilvermorny was a big deal. It was something you had to truly earn. Thomas Nightingale, however, was able to buy his position as one. But, the rule at the school was that if any one of the two proconsuls misbehave or break rules, both are suspended from their duties.

"I'm not ruining anything-g" His speech was slurred, his pupils dilated. Andreah, however, was having none of it. She grabbed him by his wrist, pulling him up and dragging him to a more secluded area.

"Why must you always ruin everything Nightingale?!"

"I'm just-" He hiccuped. "-just-trying to gain your attention."

"Well you've got it." She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Now tell me what you want. 90 seconds."

"Andreah-" He started, seemingly a bit sobered up already. "-IThinkYou'reReallyAmazingAndUnique."

"What was that, Nightingale?" The taller boy stepped forward, breaching her comfort zone as he smirked. Andreah, unsure of the boy's sobriety, stepped back and found herself trapped against a tree.

"I think, Moore, that you're amazing." Her cheeks flushed at his blunt statement, looking away a bit.

"Stop calling me a no-maje, and perhaps I'll think about it." She pushed him aside, strutting away from him, swaying her hips provocatively.

[]

"Zabini, a word?" Leah had gathered the courage to walk to the 'pureblooded' section of the long dining table, standing behind Zabini, gently tapping his shoulder to gather his attention.

A few weeks had passed since 'the hexing of Katie Bell' and the culprit still hadn't been caught. Draco Malfoy was busy completing his task, his heart growing heavier by the day, as his walls grew higher again. Leah's absence in his life has certainly had an impact, but he kept convincing himself, or well, trying to at least, that this was best for her.

Blaise Zabini, was amused at her actions as he simply stood up, walking out of the Great Hall. Grinning slightly as he turned around to see her following him.

"You wanted to talk, Nightingale?"

"Yes. What you said a few weeks ago. You know? Erm...was it true?" She sounded hesitant, even a little shy. Her loss of memories hadn't just affected those around her. She, unknowingly of course, had changed too. The once feisty and fiery tempered girl that everyone had grown to respect, was back to the quiet girl that she was prior to fifth year.