𝟘𝟚

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

THE DRAGON'S CALL

    avalon and merlin had set off on their journey to camelot. the both of them rode on horse back and as a result, it took them less than two days to arrive. once they arrived, merlin paid for the horses to be held in stables and the two of them set off on foot. they found themselves in a crowd of people who were all looking up at a balcony. on that balcony stood king uther pendragon.

   "let this serve as a lesson to all. this man, thomas james collins," in the crowd, two guards were seen dragging a weightless man up to the chopping block, "is judged guilty of conspiring to use enchantments and magic." both merlin and avalon looked at each other in worry.

   it only took last night and their trip to camelot for the two to bond and get to know each other. avalon had learnt of merlin's magic ( even though she already knew ) and he had learnt that she was from another world in a wardrobe.

   "and pursuant to the laws of camelot. i, uther pendragon, have decreed that such practices are banned of death," merlin had watched as the man who was being beheaded accepted his fate whilst avalon was looking up at the king, "i pride myself as a fair and just king, but for the crime of sorcery there is but one sentence i can pass."

    oh, i hate that guy.

    the crowd watched on in sadness, avalon could feel that not one single person wanted to be there to watch the death of a man who was just doing what he loved. as the king gave the signal for the man to be beheaded, avalon turned away from the sight and looked anywhere else.

    "when i came to this land, this kingdom was mired in chaos, but with the people's help magic was driven from the realm," avalon felt herself roll her eyes, glancing over at merlin who was watching the speech in slight annoyance, "so i declare a festival to celebrate twenty years since the great dragon was captured and camelot freed from the evil of sorcery. let the celebrations begin."

    "there is only one evil in this land, and it is not magic! it is you!" all heads turned to a raggedy old woman who was glaring up at the king with hatred. avalon could feel the anger rolling off of her in waves which had caused her to stumble a bit before shaking her head.

    "with your hatred and your ignorance! you killed my son! but I promise you, before these celebrations are over, you will share my tears. an eye for an eye . . . a tooth for a tooth . . . a son . . . for a son."

    periodt, queen! you tell 'em!

    avalon looked at merlin in concern, him returning the expression. the crowd began to murmur. the king on the other hand looked as though a blood vessel was going to pop, "seize her!"