Part 12 (Captured p.t 1)

Hiccup POV

The sore feeling on my right arms and shoulders are killing me, the taste of my own salty waste just made me more thirsty, the glaring sun making my surrounding even hotter not to mention I'm near my stove in my forge, the chorus of metal contacting just made me feel satisfied. With one finally hit, I was done. I can feel the heated metal radiated into my half-naked body which is covered with sweat and my auburn locks soak in sticky sweat as well.

I have just finished making Astrid new Gronckle iron axe, well just the head together with its neck, that she asked for and I'm nothing if not a man of my word. I dive the head of the axe into cold water, to get rid of the heat and harden the metal, I heard the sound of sizzling and bubbling could be heard when the axe made contact with the water as steam evaporated in the air and my face. After waiting a few minutes, I recover the axe and trace a finger on one of the blunt edges of the axe, is still needs sharping, a lot of it.

I rest my back against Toothless who is peaceful and sleeping body and start sharping the dull edges. Working 2 hours for each side, which means 4 hours in total, and if it was already 2 in the afternoon lucky the rest of them ever still gone for the day, Astrid and Heather were visiting the wing maidens while Dagur and Eret are at the Northern markets to get meat.

I yawn uncontrollably, stretch and crack my back, neck, and knuckles after I place the masterpiece on the anvil. Taking a hammer and a pointy thin rod, I begin carving some design on the flat sides of the axe with the tracker class symbol. I have a thing for details and I hope Astrid will dearly be amazed by it, wrapping some white leather straps around the handles after few hours of carving. The straps are to give the user a nice firm grip on the weapon and making it fell more nicer to swing. Then the final touch his deadly weapon needs, Astrid's initial and now I'm done, after testing and admiring my hard works, I purposely collapse and thudded on the wooden surface of my forge, the axe safely lock in one of my chest.

I really want what to lay and catch up with some sleep but I was very hungry and when to the dining hut and cook myself a fish to eat. I eat my fish peacefully as I stare at the night sky filled with thousands of stars, the cold breeze creeping in the opened doors of the hut, and the sound of the bond fire in the center of our dining table sizzling. I kinda felt lonely at the moment as I munch on my fish, wondering what's taking the others time, Astrid and Heather are probably having fun which is understandable but Dagur and Eret should be back by now, "don't tell me they went tunic shopping" I snicker at my own thought. I snap my head at the entrance when I heard the wooden floorboard banding making a creaking sound.

Normal POV

The night was young, the sounds of waves crashing, the scent of salt in the air. Two hunter vessel roar on top of the ocean towards dragons edge unnoticed. They have been hiding at waiting the perfect time to strike, knowing 4 of their other riders are absent. It's a perfect opportunity to assault the rider's leader. They know there are dragons on their base but is nothing the hunters can't handle.

They deport multiple small boats and paddle to their destination, trying to maintain the upper hand, the element of surprise. Their watchmen from their vessel earlier reported that their leader was ungraded and alone in a small hut, they can easily Conner and flank him, having their massive size and numbers but that does not second guess their target, told and some experience or witness what he is capable of, for even a fishbone.

Once that part of the sandy beach of the island, they jump off their boats and land on the wet sand causing it to make a crunching sound. The same sound was made when the speed towards the base of their enemy, taking out few Night terrors and emerged into the dark forest with their torches to light their way. They rustle through the forest, hitting and cutting down severe branches which leaves attach on it, and their lower body brushes with the bushes.