The worry in her tone made my paws begin to shake.

We need to go home. I ground out to him and pound my paws against the floor as fast as I could.

Is he okay? I ask towards Zara.

She hesitates for a few moments. I-I don't know, it looks like he's hit his head and his arm is bleeding. Something is wrong Caleb, he doesn't look okay. It's like he's drugged or something.

I'm coming. What ever you do, do not let him leave. I demand.

I won't. She reassures me.

Adrenaline kicks in and every inch of me just wanted to know what had happened. The thought of him being hurt and taken advantage of made my blood thrash inside me. Why could I never protect him?

What's happened Caleb? Felix asks as he races along side me, beating me at my own performance.

I don't know but Evan's turned up at the house and he's hurt.

Just even saying those words in my head allowed my legs to run faster, blood pumping around my body like my veins were about to burst and it felt painful but I didn't care.

It takes a few minutes to get back to the house, as soon as I see my pile of clothes I shift and yank on my t-shirt and sweatpants. Almost falling through the door as I get my head through the hole in my top.

Zara stands a few metres from Evan, his body vibrating as his hands run through his hair over and over.

"Hey, what's going on?" I take a few breaths as I approach them.

Evan's dark bloodshot eyes find mine, he takes a step back and sways. He grips onto the counter to balance himself. There was a big gash in the side of his head, crimson blood smeared across his neck and cheek.

His hands covered in dirt and dried blood, along with his swollen bottom lip that looked like his tooth had almost pierced his skin.

My fists begin to clench and I wanted to murder whoever had done this to him.

"Y-You said I co-could come," he murmurs weakly. His words barely audible as he clamps his eyes shut for a few moments before he shoots them wide at me.

Evan's dilated pupils looked like dinner plates, sweat covering his forehead as it glimmers in the light.

"I know," I say as I step forward slowly.

His eyes almost roll into the back of his head as he takes a step away from me.

"S-should I have not come?" He furrows his brows harshly and flashes me a look of annoyance. "Maybe I should g-go,"

His feet begin to walk towards the front door but I stop him before he falls flat on his face. "You are not going anywhere Evan," I say as I place my hands onto his shoulders. "What happened, did Miles hurt you?"

Evan stares back at me for a moment like he didn't know who I was. He raises a hand to the side of his head and winces when his fingers press deep into his wound. "I-I hit my he-head," his voice shakes.

I grip onto his now bloody fingers and pull them away from his injury before he hurts himself further.

"How?" I ask softly. "How did you hit your head?"

Evan swallows harshly and doesn't speak for a few moments. His skin begins to pale as his forehead beads with more sweat. "He push-pushed me against—" he takes a breath. "—against my bedside t-table. Then he-he shoved pills down-down my throat."