Pekobuki - Flowers (request)

Request from nezukojustwantsbread     I've never really paid much attention to this ship,, but they have cute fanart,, Non despair au btw
————————————————————————

Dates. Peko and Ibuki liked to go on dates often. Of course, they both loved the scenery, but it didn't really matter all that much. They could be in a bar, on top of a roof, or even in a sewer. As long as they were together, it was ideal for the both of them. (Although a sewer isn't exactly ideal,)

Today, they'd planned to go to a nearby field. The field had actually been abandoned quite a while ago, but plenty of flowers still grew there.  It was always prettiest just after spring, since rain was always generous in spring.

Ibuki and Peko decided to walk to there, just because it wasn't too far away from Hope's Peak. They'd be having a picnic. Peko  had made the sandwiches, and cut them in half into triangles. Ibuki watched because she wasn't allowed to use knives. Anymore.

"Peko, do you think there are spiders there? How do you think spiders taste?" Ibuki asked, swinging the picnic basket from side to side.

"Tasting spiders..?" Peko's brows furrowed. "I don't think I've ever tasted a spider before."

"We should try it sometime! I doubt it can really be that bad if we do it together." Ibuki cheered.

"We might get sick." Peko sighed. "Please refrain from eating any spiders."

"Will do!" Ibuki exclaimed, reaching out for Peko's hand. Their hands connected, and Peko's cheeks tinted a bright red. Ibuki smiled at the sight.

Soon enough, they were at the field. The two of them chose a flat area where they wouldn't be sitting on any flowers. Peko laid the picnic blanket down, and Ibuki sat on it.

Peko glanced around to see pretty reds, yellows, blues, and whites. From here, she could recognize a few flowers. Sunflowers, common poppies, and even cornflowers.

"Woah! Peko, what is that flower called?" Ibuki pointed at a few short yellow flowers with a broad, black stigma.

Peko thought for a second as she sat down. "That one's called 'Black eyed Susan'."

"Oh! It makes sense!" Ibuki beamed. She didn't really know anything about flowers, but if Peko knew, she'd be willing to learn.

Ibuki leaned over and picked the Black Eyed Susan. "Have you ever made a flower crown before?"

Peko shook her head. She'd never known how.

"Watch this!" Ibuki quickly picked a few more flowers she thought would match Peko. She quickly constructed a flower crown for her girlfriend. "Here." She placed it carefully on top of Peko's head.

Peko's face heated up. "U-uhm.. Thank you." She smiled.

"No problem!" Ibuki looked up at the sky. No clouds could be seen. "You think it's raining somewhere right now?"

"It's probably raining somewhere all the time.. I'm not too sure though." Peko took a bite of her sandwich, pondering the weather in Europe.

"Pekoooo.." Ibuki flopped over the blanket they'd set down. Peko looked down at her. "Can I have a bite?"

Peko smiled. Sure, Ibuki had her own sandwich, but that just made it better.

"Mhm." Peko brought her sandwich to Ibuki's mouth.

Ibuki took a bite. "Yours tastes better than mine."

"Do you want it?" Peko handed her sandwich to Ibuki.

"Ghagshhsbd?? You'd do that for me?" Ibuki seemed like she had stars in her eyes.

'What did she even say?' Peko thought to herself. "Of course.. Because, you know.."

"Because you," Ibuki ate the rest of the sandwich in one bite. "Love me?"

Peko's cheeks turned red. She knodded her head.

"I love you too, pekoroni-San!" Ibuki sat back up. It really was a rare sight, but Ibuki was blushing too.

"Pekoroni?" Peko asked. Ibuki had given her many nicknames, but 'Pekoroni' was new.

"You know, pepperoni, Pekoroni? Makes sense right?"

Peko giggled. Ibuki's face lit up. That also didn't happen often.

Ibuki stood up. "Let's go bother some bees!"

Peko also stood up. "That probably isn't a very good idea.. You're allergic."

"It's called uhh.. Battle royal! Or something.." Ibuki looked like she was thinking about something. "I don't really know, actually. But it's easier done than said!"

With that, Peko followed Ibuki through a field of flowers, looking for bees to bother. After around five minutes, Ibuki found a bee. Just after the bee saw her too, it got away as fast as it could.

This happened over and over, until Ibuki kneeled down, looking defeated.

"The bees fear me, Peko." She said.

"You might be better off that way.." Peko placed her right hand on Ibuki's shoulder. "The infirmary is closed today."

Ibuki grumbled. "Maybe the bees should fear me.. I'm their leader." Ibuki stood back up.

"Yes.. you are the leader of bees." Peko agreed.

"You can be the queen!" Ibuki cheered, almost falling down.

After talking about bees some more, the two of them retreated back to their original spot. By now, the sun hung low in the sky. They knees they'd have to head home soon, or else they'd miss curfew.

The last few minutes here had to be the best ones, Ibuki decided. She wanted to do something they'd never done before. If Peko was comfortable with it, of course.

"Hey, Peko?"

"Hm?" Peko looked up at Ibuki.

"If you were a flower, I think you'd be this one!" Ibuki picked an Oxeye Daisy and held it out to Peko. It was white (as most Oxeye Daisies are,) and it's petals spread out perfectly. It'd likely just bloomed.

Peko blushed, taking the flower. She had also seen a flower that reminded her of Ibuki. She picked it and held it out to Ibuki.

"I think you'd be t-this one." The flower Peko picked was a Blue Dawn Flower. Despite it's name, the flower was a robust purple. It's petal (petals?), spread out like a perfect parasol, revealing the very middle of the flower. The middle seemed to be empty.

"Gjebsjsjdb,," Ibuki exclaimed as her eyes became slightly more moist than before.

(A/N: Apologies for use of the word moist,,)

"A-are you going to cry?" Instinctively, Peko placed her hand on Ibuki's cheek.

Now, they were staring into each other's eyes. Ibuki's premature tears seemed to evaporate, and the orangey-yellow sunlight glistened upon Peko's eyes. Slowly, their faces seemed to gravitate towards one another's.

Their lips parted, and eventually, connected with each other's. It lasted just a moment, but to them, it felt as if it lasted an hour.

When they disconnected, Ibuki brought a finger to her own lips. 

"Holy.. hdhdhdhdhdhjskakak,," Ibuki slightly panicked. "It happened, Pekoroni! We kissed just now,"

Peko's face was a deep red. "W-we did."

"Your lips were so soft.. can we do it again?" Ibuki asked. Peko simply nodded.

Ibuki had the same reaction as the first time, and Peko continued to blush.

Just then, they noticed that it was getting dark out. They'd better get going.

On the way home, they discussed where they'd be going on their next date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count:1197
Kinda feel like posting twice today. I probably could've done more at the end there,,, too late now. Almost 1,000 words of this were written yesterday cause of procrastination