"There's a lot riding on this. There is no room for fucking up." He stated.

"That's why you ask me." She dismissed, eyeing the crowd as a heavy set man pushed through the crowds and set down a large bottle of glowing blue Junak. Dazz winked at him and slid him a metal credit square.

He swiped it away and slid back into the dancers.

"Our last man had anti-air down in Sector 1 for less than 30 seconds when he promised us longer. It cost us heavily." He growled the last part.

Dazz snorted loudly and filled her glass. "Amateur. Did your man hack corner shops for a living?" She smiled sweetly.

"I'm asking you this as your brother." He said simply.

"What about her?" She said over her glass cutting her eyes to me before squinting at her brother. "What is she asking me as?"

"Scorpion–"

She laughed loudly. "You may as well use her real name. I know more about Alex than any of your pets in Division 52 do." Proximo didn't flinch at this but he did glare more openly.

I remained calm. There was nothing to be gained by giving her the reactions she wanted. I knew she had done her homework on me well before this point. I had a long digital footprint in every corner of Merridian. So I cut the past the bullshit.

"I will wire you 500,000 credits to break into the Emperor's security system when I ask you." I deadpanned, and her attention flashed to me in an instant. "You freeze all communications, live feeds and door locks when and where I ask of you and I will never ask of your services again. Do it where ever you choose–preferably leagues away from myself and do it without issue and I will owe you."

Now she wasn't glaring. Now she was grinning. She leaned forward, far too close for my barely concealed rage. The flood of red that had been threatening to leave my grasp ever since Makayla was taken from me.

"You. Will. Owe me." She tested the phrase and nodded slowly. "I like that. It leaves room for creativity." I remained watching her in silence, waiting for her to cross me wrong.

"You must really be desperate." She told me, setting her drink down and shaking her head. "After what I pulled on you last time..."

"I don't remember asking for a trip down memory lane." I said flatly, resting a hand on the hilt of my dagger. Proximo did not miss the action.

"Don't tell me you're thinking of setting foot in that tower." She said in mockery.

"Your concern for my safety is fascinating and redundant."

"It's my concern when my employer can't be alive to pay me."

"Why don't you let your sweet brother worry about accounts while I worry about the direction my blade goes in." I let a growl enter my voice in the last few words.

"There she is. The monster below the surface. Just want to be sure I'm still working for the same piece of sh–"

"Dazz." Proximo snapped.

"I'm not interested in swapping insults to entertain your mundane life." I uttered, placing my hands in a bridge and gazing at her over them, watching her eyes burn hotter. "500,000. Give me your word or stop wasting my time."

Despite everything. Despite her pride sitting starkly on the table before us. She threw back the remains of her glass and levelled me with a cold look. 

"Deal."

I stood the moment she said the words. Proximo wisely didn't linger and slid out the booth. I turned when I was on the threshold of the crowds and pulled my hood lower.