CHAPTER XXXI

– M A K A Y L A –

We crashed into a desk inside the dark bedroom. But that didn't stop either of us. Alex pushed me back onto it as I dragged her down onto me. Her lips explored every inch of my own and only paused briefly to attack my neck. She left a burning trail in every place they touched.

I could hear things breaking as we knocked anything between us out the way. I smiled into the kiss and felt her do the same. But I stopped smiling when I felt smooth and strong hands wonder dangerously low. My breathing was spiking to the point where I had to pull away from her kiss. That only made her pick me up off the desk and wrap my legs around her waist, but she walked us straight past the bed. My confusion melted away as I heard her kick the bathroom door open.

But it did nothing good for my heart. It could've torn a hole straight through my chest at the rate it was going. The pure idea of being that close to Alex with water cascading down--

She marched us straight underneath the colossal walk in shower and pinned me against the smooth stone wall. Her eyes were practically burning into mine and the gold had never seemed so prominent. I was completely stunned as I took her in a breath away from me. Without warning hot water crashed down on us in a rain that could rival a tropical storm.

"Alex!" I scolded. As our clothes were drenched through and through. It wasn't like I planned to keep them on but--

She grinned at me under the falling water then claimed my lips again more hungrily. The water only seemed to heighten my senses to her. The feel of her skin became more burning, more smooth... I had to have more of it. This time I dropped to my feet, freed my hands and pushed her back. Her eyes searched mine questioningly before I ripped my top over my head and smirked at her blank stare. Her eyes traced my stomach up to my chest and finally found my eyes again.

She may as well taken the rest of my clothes off with her eyes alone.

I felt my face heat under the scrutiny but she closed the space faster than I thought was possible. I shivered and bit down hard on my lip when her hands began their torturous exploration of my body. I was so wrapped up in her kiss and the feeling her hands were having on me, that I didn't realise the tearing sound was her destroying the last of my clothing with a hidden blade.

"That—is—cheating—" I mumbled around her lips.

"Playing—fair is—boring" She murmured right back into the kiss.

I bit her lip in response and heard her growl back. It only made me want her more. I felt along her back before trailing casually to her sides and finding what I wanted. In a flash she pinned both of my hands above me.

Her eyes stared into my own as a slow smirk touched her lips.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing with that?" She said, flicking her eyes up to the dagger in my hand. I gazed back cooly at her and traced my lower lip with my tongue. Her eyes dropped down to it, not missing a thing.

"Guess I'll learn as I go..." I told her wryly.

Despite my offhand comment and the weapon in my hand, I knew she trusted me with her life. Her eyes never left my own. Even as I freed my hand from her slowly and grazed the blade over her lower lip. I had no idea what urged me to do it but I saw her eyes darken even more. The water dripped off the steel and her face and I felt like the room was burning despite the shower.

I ran the blade carefully down her until I reached the upper part of her partially armoured clothing. The blade was lethal however and cut straight down the centre with maddening ease.

Her top fell away and revealed the perfection of her upper body.

Years of being the underworld's queen were shown in the tone of her stomach and arms, along with a handful of scars that each told a different story. I traced over one that quite literally looked like a sword had gone through her shoulder.

She continued to watch me under the rain of water as I took in her battle wounds. I moved until I could lower my head close enough to kiss the fading line near her neck. She shivered in response and drew my face up to meet her own.

"Hard for a girl to keep her skin clear when she's being shot at on a daily basis." She whispered.

I bit my lip again as I resisted the urge to laugh.

"Stop doing that." Alex demanded.

I raised an eyebrow at her. Instead of responding she pushed my clothe-less body back against the wall and brought her own topless skin to mine. I almost lost the ability to stand. Our bodies were plush against each other and the heat between us was consuming my restraint. Our shredded clothing was in a heap at our feet now and she soon added the last of her own to it before kicking it away.

Nothing was between us now and I wasn't sure I could handle the intensity. It was a complete collision of fire and water. Light and dark. Two unstoppable objects colliding... what was that called—

Her teeth grazed lips and I lost my thoughts.

I sank my nails into her back as her hands went dangerously close to my burning centre. She bit my lip in response and I moaned into her mouth. Her hands only tightened around me and I pressed closer to her in response. I struggled to breathe when her hand started to trace along the inside of my thigh.

Her lips continued to assault my own and I groaned into them when she teased the inside of my leg again. I felt her smile and I only bit her back in response. Her smiling stopped and she moved her hand between my legs. I sucked in a breath and pressed into her hand without any control over my body. She circled her fingers on the most sensitive part of me in maddening slowness. My nails raked down her back in response and I felt every inch of her shiver against me.

All of my nerves spiked feeling her skin rippling on my own and I knew she burning like I was. Without warning the water shut off and then swept me into her toned arms. I almost protested the move until I understood where we were going.

She dropped me onto the bed and climbed on top of me. We were still dripping from the shower but neither of us could care less. The room was full of darkness except for the gold in her eyes. But she didn't kiss my face. She trailed a line of fire over my stomach while I struggled beneath her. The torment only got worse. Before I could even form a coherent thought she moved my legs apart and brought her lips down right before my impossibly hot centre.

I cried out when her tongue glided along my core. My hands balled up the sheets on either side so I could keep some grip on the planet but it was no use. She claimed every inch of my most sensitive area with each flick of her tongue and I was burning into oblivion. My hips rocked into her movements and she was completely relentless. It was as if she had no issues with destroying my limits.

Within the next few seconds I felt my legs tighten before I found my release and felt the pure bliss and relief that came with it. She moved until she was hovering on top of me. Both of us were breathing heavily and simply watching each other. But this time I made the move. I shifted, flipping us over so that I was now on top of her.

Her eyes continued to watch me hungrily like a predator during a hunt. I took both of her wrists and pinned them by her sides. Her eyes only gained a more lethal look because I knew she struggled with vulnerable positions. But I ignored her. I trailed my lips down her neck until I circled one of the peaks of her breasts. She groaned when my lips found it and I traced my tongue over it. I moved over to the other with the same torturous circling until I allowed my teeth to graze over it.

Alex lost the rest of her restraint. In a swift move she had her hands free and had twisted us back over so that she could now level my eyes with a look that was so full of untamed darkness that I shuddered.

I sucked in sharply when she drew her leg up between mine and pressed my core to her thigh tightly. She groaned into my shoulder when I wrapped one of my legs around her and started moving against her. Both of our movements only intensified and the world could of ended around us  for all I cared. Nothing outside of us really mattered anymore.

But if there was one thing I had learned about Alex tonight, it was that she was completely merciless. But it this sense, that was all I wished for...