i can tell that we are gonna be friends

Cody's POV

Noah and I reach Owen's house, and walk over the stone path to the big red door that makes out the entrance to the big white building. Noah knocks on the door and we wait patiently, until a few seconds later a woman opens it. She looks a lot like Owen. They have the same blonde hair and the same eye colour. 'Hello, Noah.' She says, while she shoots him a friendly smile. She then turns to me and scans my face. 'Hello, there! You must be Cody? I'm Mrs. Waterflower, Owen's mom, but you can call me Cindy.'

( AN: i found out that owen's last name is waterflower on google, but i made up his mother's first name myself.)

She says, as she stretches her hand out for me to shake it. I hold her slightly sweaty hand and shake it, smiling at her. 'Now, won't you two come inside? Owen is in his room, Noah, you know the way.' Cindy says, as she steps to the side to allow us inside and closes the door. 'Follow me, new kid.' Noah says, as he walks up the black set of stairs to the right of the door. I roll my eyes slightly 'cause of his nickname for me, and I follow him upstairs. 'Might wanna hold your breath, you never know if it's fart free in there or not.' The know-it-all says, as we step in front of a door which has animal letters on it, spelling out O W E N.' I nod and hold my breath, while the tanned boy opens the door. Noah peeks his head inside, and turns to me. 'It's safe, you can breathe now.' I let out a breath and follow him inside Owen's room. 'Dudes. you're here! Glad you could make it!' Owen says, as he picks both Noah and I up and hugs us tightly. I can't help but smile. I haven't had a hug in a long time. Noah, on the other hand, had a huge irritated look on his face. 'There, there big O, you can let go now.' He says, while Owen chuckles and sets us back onto the ground. 'You can put your bags over there' Big O, how Noah likes to call him says, as he points at a corner in his room. I take a look around. His room isn't the biggest, but it isn't small either. The floors are covered with a dark red carpet, giving the room a warm and cozy vibe. Under two windows stands a desk, with a desk lamp and some random drawings on it. The windows are covered with black curtains, which have green cartoon dinosaurs printed on them. Wow, and I thought I was a dork. Across from the desk stands his single bed. Except for a few pictures of him and his family hanging on the wall, his bedroom was rather plain. Noah and I place our bags on the floor. 'Do you guys want something to drink?' Owen asks, as he opens the door to the hallway. 'Yes, please.' I answer. Noah simply nods, only paying half attention. 'OK, cool!' Owen says, as he leaves the room, leaving Noah and I alone. I turn to Noah, seeing he had already grabbed a book and started reading. I get so lost in thoughts, when all of a sudden Noah grabs my attention. 'You're staring at me, new kid.' Noah says, not looking up from his book. 'Hehe, sorry. Watcha reading?' I ask, trying not to make things more awkward. 'The Catcher in the Rye.' The bookworm responds, not caring to elaborate. 'Cool.' I reply. I'm not good at small talk. Luckily for us, well, mostly luckily for me, Owen walks back into his room, sitting down on his bed. 'Knock yourself out, dudes!' He says, while letting cans of coke, mountain dew and other drinks fall onto his bed. I grab a can of mountain dew, and open it with a loud clicking noise. 'So, what do you guys wanna do?' I ask, after taking a sip of the cold drink. 'Oh, I know! We could play videogames!' Owen answers, as he grabs his controllers. 'Yes, good idea!' I yell, happily. 'Noah, you in as well?' Owen asks, turning his attention to the tanned bookworm. 'No, thanks. I'm good.' Noah answers, as he flips another page of his book. 'OK, your loss.' Owen says, while handing me a controller and turning on his game console. I take another sip of my drink and smile, I can tell we're gonna be great friends.

AN
yay, i finally updated again! sorry for the wait, i didn't really have time to update cuz of school and work. also, i've got more to add to this part of the story, i just don't wanna add it to this one chapter cuz other wise it will be really long. i'll try updating as soon as i can and i'm hoping i can have it uploaded later tonight!
ciao! <3