Alani

Noah's POV:

'Cody's been acting real weird today.' Owen says, walking by my side through the door out of the school. He takes a sip of his drink and burps loudly. I wave my hand dramatically. 'God, big O, that smells.' I say. 'But yeah, he has...If I'm being honest he was acting real weird Yesterday as well. I found him sitting against a tree in his garden. He was real jumpy and acting secretive.' Owen shrugs. 'Maybe he's on his period.' He chuckles and throws his empty soda can into the trash can. 'I gotta go. I promised mum I'd help take care of Mae.'
'Mae?'
'My cat.'
'Oh, right. When is she due?'
'Mum says she'll have the kittens very soon now....I'm gonna be a dad!!' He says smiling, and he skips away.
I shake my head at my best friend's stupidness and start walking home.

I kick a pebble lying on the ground in front of me and it hops a few times before landing in the sewer. 'Be careful, Pennywise might get you.' A voice says. I recognise that voice from miles away. I turn around and see my sister on the other side of the road. 'Sometimes I wish Pennywise would take me so I wouldn't have to survive living with you everyday.'
Farah grins shrugging. 'Oh come on, No. You know you secretly love me...Oh God, here lemme help you.' She walks towards me and reaches out her hand towards my head. My reflexes kick in and I instantly take a step back. Farah rolls her eyes and reaches out her hand again, pushing my hair to the side. '...There. It was all messy. But I fixed it now.' She smiles at me and I raise an eyebrow. Something's not right.
'Farah why are you being nice?'
'That's what sisters are supposed to do!'
'But you called me No.'
'Yeah, it's a nickname. I used to call you that all the time!'
'Yeah, when you were younger. Now you only call me No when you want something from me.' My sister stays quiet and I cross my arms. 'See? I knew it! What is it this time?!'
Farah sighs. 'You're too smart for your own good. Anyways, you'll see soon enough. Just come inside.' She winks and walks towards our house. I follow her and catch my reflection in our kitchen window. God what did she do to my hair? I quickly ruffle it so I don't look like a wannabe Justin Bieber, and follow my sister inside. Bella comes running and I happily greet her. 'Hey Bella! Who's a good girl?' I stroke my Golden Retriever's head and her tail wags, pleased with the attention she's getting. I hang up my coat and start to take off my shoes when my mum comes walking into the hallway. 'Noah! Hello son. How was school?' I place my shoes in the corner of my room and look up to my mother. 'It was fine. Do you know why Farah's acting so weird?' A smile creeps onto my mother's face and it is low-key terrifying. 'Remember your auntie Diti?'
I think for a while and slowly nod, vague memories of some woman coming up. 'Mhm, yeah. I think so. Why?'
'She has a daughter your age, Alani. Very pretty, very smart. Gets good grades.'
'Ok. Cool.' I do not like where this is going and I prepare myself for the worst.
My mother's smile grows even wider.
'They're in the living room right now and Alani would love to meet you!'

There it is.

I take a sip of my tea and quickly glance at the clock. Diti and Alani have been here for about three hours already and I've only heard them talk about their love for some weirdo singer and Alani's scholarship.
'Ok, but enough about us. Tell me something about you.' Alani says, and she briefly lays her hand on my knee. I awkwardly smile at her not really knowing what to do, and shift in my seat. 'Uh, ok. Well, I'm Noah. But you knew that already. Uh...I like to read and..uh...yeah.'
Auntie Diti smiles at me. 'Well aren't you wonderful? I bet you have loads of girls waiting in line for you.'
I look at Diti and chuckle awkwardly, not sure how to respond. 'Heh, yeah..no.'
Diti and Alani look at each other in shock. 'So, you have no girlfriend?'
I shake my head. Thank god I don't.
Alani tucks a strand of her curly black hair behind her ear and looks at me. Her eye contact game is so strong that I have to look away. 'I don't have a boyfriend either. Maybe we should go out? See how it goes?'
I feel my heart sink. That was the question I've been dreading. Before I can answer my mum speaks up.
'He would love to go out with you, Alani!'
My auntie jumps up and claps in her hands. 'That's wonderful! I would like to invite all of you over for dinner next week. How about 6 PM on Friday?'
My mother speaks for me once again and nods. 'Yes, we will be there! Oh God bless these two perfect souls!' She hugs my auntie and my sister, mother and auntie start clapping. All I can think about is how I want to dig a hole and disappear.

Two hours later and it is finally time for Diti and Alani to leave. 'Thanks for having us, Nila.' Auntie says while hugging my mum one last time.
'It was my pleasure. We will see you on Friday!' After exchanging their final goodbyes my mother shuts the door. 'Oh isn't this wonderful?' She asks me. I nod slightly. 'Mhm.'
'Oh and the girl, she is amazing.'
'Mhm..yeah.'
My mother puts her hands on her hips and raises her eyebrows. 'Well you don't sound very happy, Noah.'
I shrug. 'Well, you kinda forced this whole thing onto me.'
'...I am doing it for you! So you can finally meet a nice girl and keep the bloodline going. Your looks and smarts combined will make wonderful babies! And of course you are too young for that right now but that is not the reason you should turn that wonderful girl down!'
I sigh and look at the ground. If only mum knew the real reason I don't wanna go out with her. Or any girl. I force an apology to my mother and then quickly make my way to my room. People who say they wished they were gay cause they "hate" the opposite gender should know how hard it really is.

a/n:
I wasn't planning on updating anymore tonight cause I'm very tired but oh well here we are
Consider it an early Christmas gift (':

good night!