lightning

Noah's POV

'Thanks again for having me over, Owen. I had a lot of fun.' The little dork gives Owen a hug and walks out of the door. I simply nod at Owen and follow Cody outside. 'See ya, big O.' Cody and I start walking back to our houses. 'Sorry again for ruining your shirt Noah...and spitting in your face.' Cody kicks a pebble and it falls into a sewer a few metres further. 'Ah, it's ok new kid. I should've known you wouldn't like it.' We continue our walk down the road when it suddenly starts raining. 'Oh, shit. We should look for shelter!' Cody stops walking and covers his head with his backpack. 'Come on, Cody. What are you, made of sugar?' I laugh and continue my walk. The dusky sky suddenly gets lit up by a bright flash, followed by a loud clap. 'Ok, now we should look for shelter.' I look at Cody whose face is full of fear. 'There's a bush we can hide in!' Cody starts running towards it. 'New kid are you crazy?! If that bush gets struck by the lightning, we're both dead! I know a place we can take shelter, follow me.' I grab Cody's arm and start running. More thunderclaps can be heard and Cody whimpers. I wipe my hair out of my eyes which the rain had swept into it and give Cody's hand a little squeeze. I'm not the comforting type, but he's just so pathetic. It's just a little thunder. We reach an underground and abandoned parking space and run down, into the almost pitch black space. 'What is this place?' Cody asks, in between pants cause of the running. 'A parking space. The perfect hiding spot.' I answer, while sitting down against the wall. Cody does the same and sits next to me. I can hear him shiver and I study him. No wonder the little dude's so cold, he's only in a T-Shirt. 'If you want my jacket just ask.' I say while rolling my eyes and tossing my brown jacket to the shivering brunette. 'What? I didn't say tha-' Cody begins, but I shut him up. 'Just take it, ok. We're already in a lot of shit and I don't need you bugging me even more.' Cody hesitates, but then finally puts it on. 'Th..thanks Noah.'
We sit there in silence, listening to the rain drops falling onto the ground and the occasional cars passing by. It's a bit awkward, yet...peaceful. 'You kids want a smoke?' A man with a brown ponytail and a moustache appears out of the darkness and walks our direction. 'Come on, don't be shy. It's good for you.' The man gives us a creepy smile and I feel shivers all over my spine. 'Uh..no, thank you. My friend and I were just leaving.' I get up and gesture for Cody to do the same. 'Leaving already? But it's way too dangerous for two young fellas in a storm. You might get blown away.' The man takes a drag of his sigaret and blows it into Cody's face. Cody whimpers and looks at me in fear. 'W..we'll be fine, thanks.' I grab Cody's arm and start backing away from the man. 'On the count of three we start running as hard as we can, ok?' I whisper to Cody. He nods his head and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. 'Ok, on the count of three. One...two...three. Go!' Cody and I start running and the man yells after us. 'You kids nowadays are no fun!'
'Don't listen to him Cody, just keep running!'
Cody and I run all the way to our houses and stop in front of them to catch our breath. 'Who was that man?' Cody asks. I throw my arms in the air in frustration and groan. 'How the fuck should I know? Just some old creep. But we're safe now. I'm gonna go inside cause I'm cold and wet and in the need for some coffee. See ya new kid.' I walk towards the white door of my brown brick home, but get stopped by Cody. 'Wait!' He says, while pulling on my arm. He smiles at me and pulls me into a hug. 'Uh, what's this for?' I pat his head awkwardly. 'To thank you for the fun I had! I haven't had fun like this in forever!' Cody lets go of me and grabs his bag which he had put on the floor. 'Bye, bookworm.' Cody walks into his house and after a few seconds I hear the locks click. Aw, I wanted to be the one to enter my home first. I walk into my own house and my dog greets me enthusiastically. 'Hey, Bella. Who's a good girl?' I stroke her head and Bella pants happily. 'Mom, I'm home!'

A/N
Merry Christmas! :) <3