more lies

Cody's POV:

I yawn at the sound of my alarm clock and quickly turn it off, not being able to listen to that annoying beep a second longer. Why does school have to start so early? Why not at 12 PM or something? Why does school even exist to begin with?...Ok, I know I'd probably be very dumb without school, but...I don't know I feel like I'd be able to survive without it. It would definitely make covering up my bruises a lot easier. I get up out of bed and slowly make my way to the bathroom, still not being fully awake. I turn on the shower and let all my thoughts drift off for a while.

I put on my shoes and and sigh. I haven't had new shoes in two years and they're really getting too small. But I'm way too scared to ask my parents for new ones. They'll probably yell at me and say things such as "money doesn't grow on trees, Cody" or "don't be so ungrateful, those shoes are fine! Stop whining". I put on my coat and turn around, not expecting my father to be standing there all of a sudden. I gulp and reach for the doorknob of the front door. 'What, no "good morning dad"?' My father asks. I avoid my dad's gaze and look at the ground. 'Good morning.'
'Good morning, who?'
'....dad.' He really doesn't deserve the title dad. He deserves nothing. I open the door, but my father slams it shut straight away. 'Just where do you think you're going?'
'To school.'
'I don't think so.'
I look at my dad and sigh. A faint smell of alcohol is on him. Has he been drinking? It's seven in the morning. 'But I have to go to school, dad. I can't just skip.'
'You're not skipping if you're sick, Cody.'
'But I'm not sick.'
'Well those idiots don't know that. You can't go to school with your eye like that. We don't want to concern your teachers.'
'Don't you think it's more concerning if I'm "sick" on the second day of my new school? Isn't that suspicious?'
'You don't get to talk back to me, Cody. You don't make the decisions.'
I'm about to give up when I remember. 'Dad...Noah's seen my eye.'
My father's face turns red and he grabs me by the collar of my sweater. 'What?! What on earth did you do?! What did you tell him?!' Spit comes flying from his mouth and I cringe at the feeling of it landing on my face.
'Nothing! He knows nothing! I told him I walked into a door!'
'And he believed you?!'
'Yes!...I think so, yeah!'
'You think so, or you know so?!'
'..He believed me, really!' My heart is racing. This is bad. Real bad.
My dad stays silent for a while and then let's go of my collar. 'I want you straight home after school. No hanging around with those pathetic friends of yours, got it?!'
I nod and quickly walk outside, before my dad can do or say anything else.

If eyes could burn holes into you, I'd be see through. Everyone at school is staring at me. As if they've never seen a black eye before! Rumours have already started spreading. The most popular one is that I've been in a huge fight and left the other guy for dead. These people are surely creative. I walk past a group of guys and hear them snicker. 'Yo, new kid!' I turn to look at them, covering my eye with my hair.
'My friends and I have a bet going on about what happened to you. Dingus here thinks you've fought with a bear.'
'You did, right? You totally did!' A guy with a baseball cap says, barely able to withhold his laughter.
I slowly shake my head. 'No. No bears.'
Dingus, which I'm assuming isn't his real name, stops laughing and crosses his arms. 'Ah for real? Shit! I thought I had this bet in the bag!'
I'm about to walk away when the first guy starts talking again. 'Aye we're not finished! Gareth thinks you did it yourself for attention since you're new and all. But I bet your dad beats you.' He starts laughing hysterically and my face turns plain white, my heart racing. The guy's laughter starts slowing down, probably cause of my shocked face and I mentally curse at myself for not being able to hide my emotions better.
'Yo...He does, doesn't he? Oh my god.'
I quickly shake my head. 'No! No, he doesn't. I love my dad.' I internally cringe at myself for saying I love him, but continue. '..Gareth is right, I did it for attention.' I say, and I quickly walk away. Gareth starts laughing and claps in his hands. 'I knew it!...Yeah walk away, little attention whore.'
I bite my lip and quickly make way to my first period. Please let this day pass quickly.

A/N:

Poor Cody :(.
This is part one of this chapter, so stay tuned for more!
I won't be updating anymore today, as it's 1 AM where I am.

Have a good night or day and see you in the next chapter!!

also make sure to lmk what you think of the story and if you have any questions or suggestions! :)