A not so happy family

Cody's POV

I step into my home and am greeted by my mum, a concerned look on her face. 'Oh honey, look at you. You're soaking wet! Don't tell me you went out in this storm?' She wipes a strand of wet hair out of my face and places her hands on my cheeks. I slowly push my mother's hands off of my face. 'Mum, I'm fine. Really.' My mum slowly nods and straightens her cooking apron. 'Ok, good. I wanna hear all about your little sleepover, but first, let me get you some tea to warm you up.' She exits the hallway and I am about to take off my coat, when I realise I am still wearing Noah's. A small smile creeps onto my face and I hang up the coat, noticing my father's coat is missing. He must still be at work. Luckily. I enter the living room and sit down on the sofa. My cat Lucy meows and crawls onto my lap. I place a kiss on Lucy's small head and she purrs happily. My mother enters the living room holding two cups of tea and places one in front of me on the small white coffee table. 'Thanks, mum.' I pick up the cup and hold it for a while, warming my hands, which are red cause of the cold. 'So? Did you have fun?' My mother asks, taking a sip of her chamomile tea. 'Yeah, it was great! We played video games and ate snacks. And I had waffles for breakfast!' I reply, not mentioning the encounter Noah and I had with that creepy man. 'I'm glad you've made friends, Cody.' My mum says. 'Yeah. Don't get too attached to them.' A voice says. My smile fades. Great, my father's home. My mother stands up quickly, not able to hide her disappointed face. 'Honey. You're home early.' My dad nods. 'Yes, I am. Where's dinner?' My mum sighs. 'I was just about to start. I thought you wouldn't be home yet for another hour.' My dad rolls his eyes and turns on the television. 'Well, I'm here now. So start cooking, woman.' He sits down next to me on the sofa, scaring Lucy, which makes her scurry off of my lap. My dad turns on the football match and looks at me. 'This is what you should be doing in your free time. Watching football, doing manly stuff. Not going to gay sleepovers or sipping tea with a cat on your lap. Hell, that's probably the closest you'll ever get to pussy. You poof.' My dad says. I feel my heart sting and avoid my dad's gaze. 'That's enough, Henry!' My mum calls from the kitchen. 'Do not tell me what to do, woman!' My dad yells back. I gulp and exit the living room, not wanting to be in the middle of another fight between my parents. I walk up the stairs to my room and grab a pair of clean clothes. A shower would be nice.

I dry my hair with a towel and walk back into my room. Lucy is lying on my bed. I sigh and stroke her head. 'I'm sorry dad scared you, Lucy...If I'm being honest, he scared me too.' Lucy meows and rolls into her back, allowing my to rub her belly. A small smile crawls onto my face. She's so cute. All of a sudden, my mind wanders off to Noah. Talk about cute...No! Noah's not cute. You're just thankful he protected you and gave you his jacket...God, daddy issues much? My phone lights up, it's a message from Owen.

Owen: Thanks for coming bro. It was fun.
1 attachment.

I click on the attachment. It's a selfie of the three of us. Or well, mostly Owen and I. Noah only realised Owen was taking a picture the second he pressed the button, resulting in Noah having a very confused face in the pic. I smile. Having friends is nice.

I put my phone into my pocket and walk back downstairs. I can hear faint whispers coming from the kitchen and I inch closer to the door, trying to make out what my mother is saying.

"What do you want me to do then? I can't just leave with zero explanation. And what do you want me to do with Cody? Just leave him here, with him?!"

My eyes widen. What is she talking about? Is mum leaving us?

"Janet, you have no idea. I don't trust him, alone with my son....Wait...I have to go. I'll call you later."

I hear footsteps coming into the kitchen, followed by my father's voice. 'Who were you talking to, Alice?'
'Oh, no one. It was one of those marketing calls.'
'I don't like it when you lie to me, Alice.'
'I'm not lying. I'm telling the truth.'

It stays quiet for a moment. Are they finished? All of a sudden, I hear glass breaking.

'Henry, you're scaring me!' My mother's voice is shaking. My eyes widen and I peek through the keyhole. My mum is backed into the kitchen counter. My dad is holding a broken glass. I quickly open the door to the kitchen. 'Dad, what are you doing?!' I try to grab the glass out of my father's hand, cutting myself in the process. 'Cody, honey, it's OK. Go wait in your room.' My mother says, tears forming in her eyes. My dad shakes his head, his face is red from anger. 'No, it is NOT ok. Now you're going to tell me what the fuck you were talking about. Or should I go give Janet a visit myself, huh?!' My dad inches closer to my mother. My mum closes her eyes in fear and shakes her head. 'No. You stay away from her.' My dad's hand starts to form a fist, lifting it up in the air. 'What did I tell you?! You don't get to tell me what to do.' My dad swings his fist in my mum's direction and I quickly jump in between them. The last thing I remember is my dad's fist coming straight at my eye. And then everything went black.

A/N:
So...I'm back!! it's been about two years since i updated. So sorry lol. Currently back in my total drama phase so prepare to be bombarded with updates cuz i'm in a gap year right now and have all the time to focus on this story.
Yay!
K bye 🤭