Chapter 13

Throughout the whole flight, we were silent as talking could would distract us from the mission and as the superhero warned it would be a bumpy ride. The weather was damp and cold and it was dark in these containers. We mostly sat or laid on the ground as to not risk falling on each other. It was like flying on a broken down jet plane. As we soared through the troposphere, I asked Danielle what time it was. She looked at her watch and it was 10:00pm. Then I asked, "Hey Danielle. I have to ask. Do you remember that night back at Willow Valley Park when we scouted for the superhero?" "That was a good memory," replied Danielle. "Do you really think that was not the superhero we captured on camera?" "Acually James, it all makes sense now, after rewatching the video, only a child would stand out in the open," replied Danielle. Before I could something else I heard, "Gente, espero que hayan tenido un viaje agradable. En unos momentos, aterrizaremos en Brightcity." It was the superhero speaking. A interpreter, translated as the superhero hoped we had a pleasant trip and we will be landing in Brightcity in a few moments. I was glad to have recruited one or we would'v been dead. 

We descended from the troposphere and we felt ourselves being lowered down like an elevator. We had no idea where we were being dropped off at but I figured that Derek has the president and her family at Willow Valley Park. I just hoped that we would be at or near the park. We touchdowned with a rough THUMP  and the superhero unlocked the shipping container doors and we walked out all ready for action. I recognized this place. We were on Poster Avenue but it wasn't the same as before. All of the houses in the neighborhood were demolished. While we were observing the streets, the superhero recieved a call. He was needed back in Mexico and asked me if I can handle it from here. I looked at Danielle and the other militia members and I nodded. He smiled and shook hands with me and he launched high into the sky. 

I called everyone together and informed them that I might know where the hostages are held captive at. I told them to follow me and they did and after going through Poster Avenue, we arrived at Willow Valley Park, where Danielle and I once been to when we were kids. It was dark, the lights were off, and quiet. The only sound was the crickets chirping. As we entered under the sign, we saw the lit cabin in the distance. Before we could approach it, the door opened and we all dropped to the ground and laid still. It was an SOW troop holding a searchlight for an any intruders. Danielle whisphered to all of us to stay down. I steathly switched to my special flamethrower, just in case. The flashlight shone on us but nothing happened as we were blending in with the bushes. When the guard went back inside the cabin, we got up and crept toward it. We cocked our flamethrowers as Danielle and I leaned against each side of the front door while some militia took positions at the windows. "Ok everyone," I said. "Watch your fire, the president and her family may be in there. Let's go." With one kick, I knocked the door down and militia member jumped through the windows as we aimed at the SOW troops: some in suits and some with no suits. And we fired our special flamethrowers, directly at them. The suits melted quick and the tiny dwarf operators were burned to a crisp.  

When those 4'6 foot murderers in suits were motionless and dead, there was the president and her husband and daughter all cuffed up against a wall. I knew that they be here. But it looked like they're sleeping. Danielle gave the president, bruised and beaten, a nudge on the shouldler and the president woke up screaming. Danielle covered her mouth with her hand and shushed her. "Calm down, Madam President. Im Danielle Camp, FBI, we're here to rescue you." She spoke not a work but she chuckled a bit. Then Danielle told us to find the key. We searched the cabin until I found one on the melted SOW suit; a silver bump key. I passed over to Danielle and she unlocked the president, her husband, and daughter. The whole family embraced each other until we heard rustling outside. We knew if we were going to get out of here, we had to go now.

Danielle looked at her watch. "11:50pm, 10 minutes until she's executed! We'll never get out." I snapped my fingers and said, "I have a idea. I'm not sure if it's going to work but it's better than to stay and wait for Derek." I suggested that Danielle and the interpreter pretend to be the president and her husband and when we exit the cabin, the mitilia takes the real president and her family to the shipping crates for pick-up and Danielle, the interpreter, and I take the trail through the woods and hopefully misdirect a least some SOW troops to follow us, depending on how many there are." This was a huge risk, it sounded like a suicide mission. But there was no other choice. We had to get the president out of there.