Chapter 7

As we headed to Washington D.C, one agent with wavy hair and a mustache, asked Danielle, "This is who is helping us? A US marine who hasn't grauated?" Then he turned to me straight. "Private James Homer. Where is your the rest of your unit? Where is your CO? Did you go AWOL?" Damn. It looked like the FBI were skeptical of me. I hesistated and stared at the FBI agents as if they had a lot of questions. Then I replied, "It's complicated sir, but I'll try." I explained the recent disasters of what happened and how Danielle and Derek saved me. I also explained that I knew about the superhero as they did and I had my camcorder with me as evidence. "Well hand it over then." I unclipped my camcorder from my belt and gave it to the agent. "The video will be shown in night vision," I added. As the agents were watching the video, I asked Danielle how her parents were if she didn't mind. Danielle hesitated. "Is something wrong, Danielle?" I asked. I hoped I wasn't something I said. "They're no longer here," she answered. "What does that mea-," I figured out what she meant. "Oh I'm very sorry to here that. I hope you able-" "I lived with my aunt who is now retired from the FBI," Danielle interupted. "I assume she inspired you to become an agent with them?" "Correct" "Excuse me, Agent Danielle," said an agent holding the camera, "but you see to examine this." She watched the video with agents.

As I waited, I heard some whispering in the cockpit. I looked back and Derek was on his phone, which I returned, whispering something I could not make out. I asked, "Hey Derek you all right?" He moved his head up and answered, "Oh yeah, everything cool." Then he ended his phone call with, "Listen, just get ready and don't let him out." "Who was that?" Just some of my men from SOW, informed them to be ready and not release any criminals," Derek answered. "Hey James, said the agent with my camcorder. "How sure are you that this is not a hoax?" "I am pretty fucking sure." "I am also certain that my camcorder was not glitching." "Ok, we'll see how this goes, the agent replied as he closed my camcorder.

It was 11pm and we approached the J. Edgar Hoover Building, which was the headquarters of the FBI. At the landing pad, we jumped off the helicopter, except me. "Not you, this is an FBI matter." "What?" "We already got what we need, and we know that you're not a marine yet," another agent said. "Why did you bring me all the here, if you didn't need me?" "I'm sorry James." I turned my head to Danielle, "You used me?" "I couldn't risk to see you get hurt anymore." My fists clinched and sprinted toward her, the agents grabbed me and held me against the helicopter, trying to calm me down as I ranted. I calmed down, when I was threatened with jail and I stepped back inside. Hurt and stone-faced, I took a picture of me and Danielle when we were kids and tore to pieces and threw them out. I saw an agent pick up the pieces and give them to Danielle as Derek brung the helicopter back up.

As we flew away from the FBI headquarters, I couldn't believe it. My old friend using me to get myself in danger. "Well that went quite well," said Derek. "Of course I wouldn't done the same thing but, at least you know how to fight." "You fight really good, I give you that." I almost fell asleep until I heard more whispering. I grew suspicious. What was Derek speaking to? Without anymore thinking, I went to the cockpit, pushed the auto-pilot, held Derek against the window and snatched his phone from him. Setting the phone to my ear I heard: "Hey boss, the superhero is still strapped up like you said and we're all armed, locked and loaded. We're waiting for your arrival."  

"NO MORE GAMES DEREK! WHERE IS THE SUPERHERO!?" Derek, still straining from my grip as he a dwarf, replied, "Ok, I'll take you to him." He pressed a button on one of his gloves and I thought nothing happened. But I heard a zooming noise from outside, and flew an object that banged me in the face and knocked me out of the helicopter. But object caught me falling with a force field activated over me and it halted in the air. Derek, now wearing a space suit and jetpack, forced the helicopter into a dive, leaped out, and flew right to me. "NEED A LIFT?," asked Derek. "You will make a fine addition to my prisoner collection."  And he lifted off, holding me by a handle, into the stratosphere and I blacked out as we entered the thermosphere.