Chapter 1

When I; James Homer and Danielle Camp, a pair of us ten year old kids from Brightcity, Texas walked home from school, we spoke about hanging out as we were so excited as summer was coming an school was going to be out in a few days. "I can't wait to til i get out of that school," said I. "Me too." As we kept strolling through Onock Street, we heard a voice holler from an narrow alleyway. We stopped and stared right at it. "We should go check out what it is." Danielle remarked. "Are you kidding me? we don't know what is in those alleyways?" "Relax, it's not like someone's going to try to rob or kill us." So Danielle and I plodded straight through the alley looking for anything supicious. All through the alleyway there was graffitied buildings, a couple of gross dumpsters, and trash bags lying around the ground. "Perhaps it was just a bird or a broken rc plane, let's go," said Danielle. But as she and I went back for the streets, two black masked figures jumped out from behind the walls and grabbed us! 

They grasped us very tight that me and Danielle could not wiggle free no matter how hard we tried. Before we could shout out for help, the aggressive figures grabbed our cheeks and they slammed and held us onto the hard rough brick surface of the wall on their backs. We knew we led ourselves into a trap set by burglars. "Please don't hurt us, we didn't do anything!" Danielle cried. "Shut up" one robber said with a sneer. "Give us your school money or anything else you have!" But before Danielle could explain, something grabbed the two robbers by their shirts and they flew upwards. Danielle and I landed on our feet and dashed toward the streets, when I looked back and saw what was a man holding the two robbers by their legs, while in the air. He wore a blue spandax suit with green gloves, boots, and a cape, and his head was bald. He was a superhero! "Please let us go, we're so sorry!" But the superhero spoke no word and just flew out of the alley, still holding them and disappeared into the clouds.

When Danielle and I walked back to Poster Avenue, Danielle said, "You were right James, we should have not gone into the alleyway. Let's never do that again." But I wasn't paying attention, I was still trying to gather my thoughts on that superhero I saw. "James, James?" "I saw him." said I "Who? you saw who?" "This superhero, he grabbed those robbers and flew off them." Danielle was perflexed. "A superhero?" "If only you were there to see what happened," I replied. "He had a blue suit made of spandax, his gloves, boots, and cape were bright green and he was bald." "What did his suit say?" I had no idea. As far as I knew, the superhero was behind me while dealing with the robber." "I didn't even see the front of his face." "And there rests my case, superheroes don't exist." I was annoyed and said,"Oh yeah, well how did we get free from those robbers?" Danielle had no answer for that as she was confused. Then she looked at the direction of her house and immediatly said, "Oh look, there's home, I'll see you tomorrow. We're sure going to have fun in a few days." 

That night, when I was getting ready for bed, the whole incident began to weigh on my mind. Who was that superhero? Where did he come from? Surely, me and Danielle couldn't have been the only ones who were saved by that unnamed superhero. As I went to my bedroom window to open it, to let air in through the screen, something amazing caught his eye. A silhouette resembling a caped superhero stood still against the bright moonlight. My mouth hung wide open. I ran downstair shouting, Mom, Mom come outside, you gotta see this!" My mom got off the couch and asked, "What is it sweetie?" I grabbed her arm and pulled her outside to show her the silhouette. "Here, look at the moon, mom. Look at the moon." But when we did, the silhouette was gone. 

"Oh, the moon is really beautiful James," said my mom as she patted me on the head. But I was bewildered. Where did the superhero go? "But mom, I know what I saw, there was this man with a cape in the moonlight," I insisted. James's mom knelt down and asked, "James, are you feeling alright?" "He really was...there." You were probably just dreaming honey, c'mon, let's head back to bed." And my mom grabbed my hand and led me back upstairs to my bedroom. As I tried to sleep, I thought about the superhero's silhouette in the moon. Could this all be in my mind? If so, who really did save me and Daniel? The Invisible Man? "I hope I see him again," I thought as I shut my eyes.