Chapter 10

We arrived at the Jefferson Memorial, now damaged and in ruins, where there were more Marine units arriving back by truck, tank, helicopter, and even by foot. This beautiful building was now a hideout and the main entry was used as a fucking barricade for the US marines. A few columns had fallen on the and were filled with bullet holes. Commander Ray and I exited the car which it was already smoking at the engine. Then he told me to follow him. We walked upstairs to the Memorial's main entry and inside there were marines in different sections; talking, patching each other up. In the middle of the main room, the statue of Thomas Jefferson was dented and headless. Ray and I moved past the statue where at the end of the building, there were three older marines (who were majors) standing in a circle, having a conversation. Commander Ray and I approached them. "Permission to speak, sirs," he asked as he saluted them. "Permission granted." "This is Private James Homer, from Company F, 2nd Training Battalion. He has some news to report," Commander Ray said. When they told me they never heard of me, I showed them my copy of the marine application and explained that my unit an I were in Grass Week practicing target shooting until we got attacked and I was the only survivor until Danielle Camp, an FBI agent and childhood friend who was there, saved me. I mentioned the superhero how he is alive and free and was held captive by the SOW in space. The SOW's true intention's were to protect the world but never with good virtues. Then their plans changed they wanted to rid the whole world of us and start a new generation of human consisting of only perfect human dwarfs. I also mentioned that the SOW leader, Derek Haggar is going to kill the US president, I didn't if he already at the White House and that the FBI including my friend has been murdered. Finally, I added that The SOW steel suits had a weakness. 

When I was finished, The three majors realized the president's life was on the line if they didn't move out. "One more thing, they asked, "Will this superhero join us in the fight?" "I believe so," I replied. "Well gentlemen, the president and all of us will be dead if we stay idle.  C'mon let's around everybody up. We're moving out. "Wait sir," I asked, "With your permission, despite my incomplete training, I request to join all of you in the fight." The majors were all shocked and hesistant. A marine recruit stepping into a real deadly war? Then one of asked Commander Ray, "Do you trust this man?" Ray took one glance and smiled. "With my life, sir."

They agreed to let me in, I was assigned to Fox Company of the 2nd Battalion, 7th Marines as that was were my training ceased at. I recieved a combat utility uniform in woodland color, with a combat helmet and mask, just like the others marines. Then I gathered with the my battlalion at the right side of the memorial where the captain briefed us for the upcoming rescue mission we were going to undertake, the details, and mentioned to keep our eyes open for the superhero who entering battle. I was also introduced as a "temperarely" new member of the battalion and wasn't shy about sharing my opinions of the mission. After the whole discussion. The unit and I were assigned to our weapons: M16A4 rifle, Beretta M9 pistol, earpiece radio, frag grenades, and flash bangs. As we were suiting up, Commander Ray got on the radio with president and asked "Madam President, this is the Marine Corps are you right?" "Yes, me and family are, but my security's dead. You would not believe these soldiers we're dealing with." With me overhearing the conversation, I pitied him. "We know, we saw them too, Madam President, replied Ray. "Are you at the White House?" "Yes." "Which location exactly?" We're sealed inside the PEOC; the Presidential Operations Center, underneath the East Wing, Im not certain how much longer we'll survive, please hurry!" "Ok, shut off the radio and keep quiet, we're on our way to you," answered Ray.

After suiting up, there was no turning back. With the president's life on the line, we steped out of the Jefferson Memorial and dashed to out to our vehicals. I ran for one of the humvees and manned the minigun. "All right people, the president and USA are counting on us. Lock and Load!," Jupiter annouced on the radio. "HOO-RAH!", cried the Marines as they drove away to the White House.