Delayed.

Sunshine didn't even have a chance to shine, yet, cases never did stop. The BAU had managed to survive a while without any major cases yet it seemed too quiet to be true. Until half two in the morning of a bleak Saturday.

"Tell me that I wasn't woken up at this horrendous hour just because Hotch likes an early start." The suit that Hotch was wearing was the most put-together outfit in the room and yet it was arguably the hardest outfit to put together in the room.

"Nope. This killer isn't having a cooling-off period anymore. I will wait for JJ and Elora before continuing." Garcia's happy face was up on the screen for them all to see. Her vibrant lipstick and dyed hair filling the screen.

"Sorry. Henry was up with a nightmare so didn't see the text." She sat quickly but the ticking clock was noticed and Elora still did not arrive.

"I'll call her and put her on speaker." Morgan let the phone ring once and again until it went to voicemail.

"She never leaves her phone for long and she doesn't drink so she should always answer the phone." Emily commented as Derek once again phoned Elora. On the fifth ring, however, she answered.

"Midnight, you're on speaker..." He couldn't finish as she spoke through to him.

"Hey, Morgan. How can I help you at three in the morning?" Her voice was clear but the background was completely silent.

"We have a case. We need to head out now. We will talk about the case on the plane. You just need to head there." Derek was ready to hang up when her throat cleared and the room waited for her response.

"I wouldn't do this if it wasn't the most important thing but can I fly out in a few hours? I should be done in an hour and then I will be on the next plane out." Her delaying was noted and the team could only watch each other.

"What are you doing?" Her voice had sounded sheepish but the sigh that she let out shook more than an alcoholic's hand.

"I need to see someone. It is all safe but I had to wait so long and they even agreed to come in at this time just for me. It will be really quick and I will drive to the airport and take the next flight out and all I need is which airport to go to." Hotch didn't speak for a while as he thought it over.

"We can wait for an hour. Drive straight to the jet instead and we will talk about the case then." The team didn't usually see that type of lenience from Hotch but it had seemed that he was caught on a good day.

After a moment of silence, the sound of Elora's name being called could be heard over a tannoy system.

"Thank you. I have to go, I will probably be less than an hour now." Derek hung up just as she did and the team waited for their next instructions.

"Okay, go Garcia." Her typing had begun again as she finished up what she needed and then she turned off the screen and joined them in the meeting room.

"Right, four bodies. All of them had various things done to their bodies both before and after death. Our first victim, Lee West. He was found on a patch of grass beside a road. A couple went for a bike ride and stumbled upon his body. He had his intestines removed and the local police haven't found them yet. Next is Beatrice Jones. She had her entire breathing tract taken out, it is also missing and she was found whilst a family were walking their dog." Garcia was clicking through their pictures and the crime scenes had grown to be bloodier and far more violent.

"The crime is getting more personal. The unsub is no longer just stabbing them and taking a souvenir but he also assaulted his second victim's face. Whatever it is that is triggering the killings isn't stopping and he is getting more violent. Letting out all of his pent up rages on each of them." Spencer had opened the file and he was looking at the accounts.