Chapter LVII

I walked back to the internal room to see Kerri looking out the window. I walked over to her and wrapped me arms around her. She was still crying. I let go and turned her around so she faced me. She put her head down and cried even more. I pulled her face up and wiped it. "Stop all that crying, your mama wouldn't want you to cry."

She nodded and another tear fell. I pulled her close and held her hells tight. She needs me more than anything right now. Ive never seen her this hurt before. Our hug was interrupted by Doctor Garrison. "Hello." I turned around. "Do you want to go see Ms. Neverson?" I looked at Kerri and she nodded. "Yes." I said grabbing Kerri's hand. The Doctor gave a slight smile. "Right this way." We followed the doctor for a good three minutes the we stopped at a room.

He sat the clip board in the door folder and walked in with us behind him. There she was. She looked different, hurt.. everything. The sound of the breathing machine made me feel every breath given to her. Kerri held my hand tighter. I don't know whats wrong with her, but she shouldn't be scared.

I grabbed a seat and pulled it up beside Michelle's bed side. "You want me to pull you a chair up?" I asked before sitting down. "No, I'm fine." She said being distant. I nodded and sat beside this beauty. I wanted to inspire her, give her a reason to stay.

"Hey Michelle. I don't know what's going on with me mentally. But I know this... You are the most beautiful, beyond strongest woman I know. You fought through things.. I probably wouldn't be able to handle. From Kerri's birth til now. You are such a amazing woman even if you do anyone dirty. You care for so many people, and I failed to realize that. You are and will forever be a queen. Wake up, you have so many things to stay alive for. Me.. Kerri.. Your business... New houses... Everything. I'm sorry."

I put my head down and locked my fingers together. I sat there just thinking of the good shit. All the shit she did for me, she won't perfect. But I still love her man.

--------------------------

Narrator POV

It was about 11 in the morning. August fell asleep beside Michelle. The hospital room door opened and August jumped from his sleep. "Sorry to Awaken you." The doctor said. August got up from Michelle's bed side and walked over to the doctor. "It's alright. What's going on?" He asked. "We have the results for the DNA test for you right here." He handed August a envelope. "I appreciate that." He said grabbing it. "No problem." The Doctor walked out and August walked back to his seat.

He contemplated on whether he should open it or not. He got up and woke up Kerri. "Hm..?" She said getting up from her sleep. "Let go to the hotel and grab some clothes." She nodded. I grabbed my jacket and Kerri walked over to her mother and kissed her cheek. I smiled at her and held her hand. "Ready to go?" I asked. She nodded. I knew she didn't really want to leave. She's barely even talking right now.

------------------------

We made our way to the hotel. I went to the front desk and got another room. "8th floor, room 803." The desk assistant said. I grabbed the key and headed to the room with Kerri behind me. When we reached the 8th floor I gave her the key. "Let me go on the 11th floor and grab our suit cases ok?" She took the key. "Yeah... and August?" She said looking into my eyes. "Wassup?" She looked down. "Thank you for being here for me and my mom." I slightly smiled. I lifted her face up and kissed her lips.

"Don't worry about that, I will always be here for you two." She nodded and headed inside the room. I parted ways and headed to the elevator.

When I reached the 11th floor I made it to our old room 1125. I slipped the key inside and the door unlocked. I opened the door and felt the life come right from me. There was still blood on the floor, the whole room trashed. I sighed and went inside Kerri's room and grabbed her suitcase. I sat it on the living room couch and headed into Michelle bed room.