Chapter IV

I looked at August and walked into the kitchen. "What's wrong?" I said looking at him and grabbing a smoothie from the fridge. "Who was that on the phone?" He side eyed me and looked back at the food. "My bestfriend..." I said sipping the smoothie and sitting at the bar stools.

"Oh so, can I meet him?" I chuckled.. "First off, how'd you know it was a boy?" August smirked. "I seen how you was blushing over there, ain't no female going to make you blush so.." I laughed "True, you got me. But he wants to come over tomorrow so I guess you can meet him." August smiled "Aight, na go get you and ya daddy a plate please." I sighed. I slid out the bar stool and tried to grab the plates.

I Exactly 'tried to grab the plates.' I sighed because I couldn't reach the second shelf. "Um August?" I said looking at him and pointing to the plates. He chuckled and walked over behind me, pressing his body onto mines. I felt a weird sensation in my stomach and my breathing began to change.

He handed me the plates, catching me off guard because my eyes were closed. I grabbed the plates and smiled nervously. "You good?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows but smirking. "U-uh yeah.. Yeah im fine." I said walking over to the food.

"Whats this?" I asked smelling the food. "Shrimp Alfredo.." He said walking into the living room to get his phone. He walked in the kitchen to me fixing myself a plate. "You ever had it before?" He asked resting his elbows on the counter beside me. "Not that I know of." I said walking over to the drawer to grab a fork. "Taste it." He said smiling.

I looked at the plate, then him and sighed "Fine." I used the fork to get a small amount and tasted it. I smiled really hard surprised at the taste. "Oh god, this is heaven." I said eating more. "Told you a young nigga like me could cook." I shook my head and walked into the living room.

August POV

After spending time, eating and watching movies with Kerri she fell asleep on my lap. I played in her ponytail and continued to watch the end of "Harlem Nights". Once the movie was over I noticed I was getting a little tired too, so I stood up lifting Kerri's head up lightly from my lap. I picked her up bridal style and took her into her room. I opened her room door and laid her on her bed lightly. I pulled the covers over her and I kissed her cheek, then I headed into my fiancés room.

I stayed up for another hour then I heard the front door open. I walked down the hall to see Michelle coming up the stairs. "Hey babe." Michelle said resting her head on my chest while hugging me. "Wassup bae?" I released from her hug and headed to the bedroom.

"How was work?" I asked slipping into bed and watching her take her heels off. "Tiring." She began to strip her clothes off and hop into bed. "Damn, you keep doing that in front of me I'll give you a reason to be tired." I said into her ear. She scoffed making me laugh, "Was Kerri good today?" She asked in a groggy tone. "She was fine, We ate then spent time together."

"Awww look at my babies spent time together. Thats what I like to hear." I smiled into the crook of her neck, and gave her a peck on her jawline. I held her tightly, thinking about a lot. When I held her I thought about holding Kerri.

I don't think I should be doing that? But I cant keep this girl off my mind even if I try. Usually a nigga don't even be thinking about these girls but.. She seem different. I just shook off my thoughts and drifted off to sleep.