Chapter XL

We arrive back at the house and the sun was almost set. August was in the living room and he stood up when he saw my mother. "Hey baby." He said kissing her cheek and hugging her. I walked around them and sat my bags in the closet nearby. "Hey Kerri." He said smirking. I gave him a head nod and sat down in the living room.

"How was your day girls?" He asked turning off the tv and turning on the lamp. "It was fine babe, just tiring." My mom said rubbing her eyes. "Go off to bed ma, I'll meet you up there." He said giving her a kiss on the lips. My mom smiled and walked up the stairs. "Nice one." I said kicking off my shoes under the table. "Shut up." He said smiling at me and resting his head on his hand.

"Wassup with your momma? She be actin' funny lately." I sighed. "Nothing August, nothing is wrong." I said looking down and playing with my jeans. "Stop lying." He said putting his hand under my chin and pulling my face up, to align it. "Tell me wassup, I feel all left out n shit." I felt my eyes stinging, so I took a deep breath. "Promise me you won't tell mommy, and that you won't be mad?"

He gave me a head nod. "I promise, now spit." I rubbed my face and sighed. "Mommy has been cheating on you. She leaves because she's cheating. and now she may be pregnant by you or him." I saw August facial demeanor change. I rubbed his cheek and saw how emotionless he was. "Are you ok?" I asked looking at him in his eyes, in which they were wondering. "Yeah... yeah.. I'm straight." I shook my head. "I'm sorry August."

He got up and left the living room. I felt tears streaming down my face, so I wiped them and headed upstairs into my room. I closed the door and locked it. I slipped into bed and thought all night until I finally fell asleep.

------------------------

It was about 3 in the morning and I heard a knock at the door, that interrupted my sleep. I got up from bed and opened the door to August standing there looking down at me. "W-what is it?" I said rubbing my arm and looking at him. He didn't say anything, he came inside and I closed the door behind me.

"What's going on?" I asked turning to him. He sat down at the edge of the bed and sat there not speaking at all and staring into space. I stood in front of him, inbetween his legs and he grabbed my hips and hugged me. I rubbed through his hair and rubbed his back. "It's okay August, I'm here for you." I said still playing through his hair. He still didn't say anything.

He stood up and looked at me in my eyes, his eyes were a bit watery. I can tell he's hurt, I know he's hurting in the inside, and I know he's suffering, but he is a strong man, he can get over this. He put his hand on my lower back and kissed me, I was surprised but I kissed him back. He pushed me into the wall and kissed me rougher. He put my legs around him and continued the kiss.

I tried to seep my words out, but we were still in the midst of kissing. He pulled from the kiss and stared at me again. He looked down and I could tell he was about to cry. "August... come on, it's okay. I'm here for you." I said whispering in his ear. He put me down on the ground softly and held me. I've never seen this side of August, I've always know the crazy, funny, weird and aggressive August. We released from the hug and I saw a few tears had fell from his face. I wiped them with my hand and smiled.

"Look, I ain't never been no soft nigga. But that shit your mama did was foul. I know I ain't been the most faithful to her, but she knows she made mistakes even when we were just in a relationship. I always did that woman right, no matter what. I told her to be real with me, and she couldn't even tell a nigga that she was doing shit." He put his head in his hands. I put my head on his chest and sighed.

"August, she loves you dearly. She doesn't realize that you do a lot for her. If she never learned to love you, then she is a fool. I know you the realist nigga out, but you gotta realize everyone makes mistakes. My momma is pregnant, and the child could possibly be yours. So take matters into your own hands and take care of her." August looked at me into my eyes and nodded.

"Yeah you right ma... I think ima talk to her in the morning or sum shit... We definitely need to talk about this." I nodded, "Deal, but I don't want you yelling at her and stressing her out. She don't need that. She's two months pregnant an it could affect the baby." August nodded.

Kerri in the MM 😌

I felt like updating before I went to bed 😩