Chapter LII

August POV

It was quiet for a good three or four hours until Michelle started back on this conversation. "August, I'm just asking you to talk to me please." I looked at her from the side of my eye, and turned the tv off. "Speak." She put her phone on the table and cleared her throat.

"August I know I ain't been the perfect fiancé, but I've been trying. I didn't mean to cheat, it just... happened. I fell for him and thats it. I'm sorry." I laughed at her. "You're not my fiancé, and no you haven't. You ain't been trying shit but that other nigga dick. I understand he MADE you do some shit, but you decided to let it continue. You still in love with that nigga, I know you."

Michelle rubbed her temples. "Alright, yes I am in love with him. I have a fuckin' child on the way, and I don't even know who the father is- " I cut her off. "That ain't nothing new." She scoffed and turned to me in surprise. "AUGUST, what the fuck do that mean?!" I turned to her, "You don't even know who Kerri's father is, so obviously you can't get your shit together."

I guess she was hurt, she looked at me dead in my fuckin' eyes and shook her head. "Look, I told you I'd take care of the baby. But don't be trying me." Michelle nodded and scoffed. It was quiet for a good 5 minutes, then she started back again.

"August are you doing something with Kerri?" I sighed deeply and didn't answer. "I know you hear me." She said loudly. I turned her and shushed her. "You know Kerri sleeping!" I grunted at her. "besides, if I did it wouldn't matter. Yo' ass keep accusin' me when you hiding shit. Still seem like you do, you don't never tell me shit."

Michelle face dropped and her eyes scanned the room. "fine you wanna know the truth?" I nodded. "Alright so I fucked another guy as you know. But.. I also think there may be a third guy involved." I was in complete shock. Three niggas?! I felt my fuckin' anger begin to get to me. "Three niggas? Who this third nigga?" I said clenching my hands.

"His name is Calvin...." I felt my anger get to me even more. I got up and left the room. Ain't no way this bitch gone accuse me of shit when she slept with THREE NIGGAS. Get the fuck outta here.

Kerri POV

August and my mom is arguing for the fifteenth time today like shut the hell up, I can't sleep. I was in bed just thinking, I lifted up my night shirt and looked at my belly. I placed both of my hands on it and I rubbed my tummy.

I felt tears forming in my eyes, and I slowly wiped them from my face. August walked in the room and closed the door. "Ay Kerr.. What's wrong?" I wiped my face again and sighed. "Is it the baby situation again?" I nodded and he took a deep breath.

"It's okay baby, we can always have more. I know daddy's girl, or boy is in a better place and it hurts to know my child didn't make it, but you have to stay strong." I nodded and August got on the bed, then put his head on my stomach. "I love you Kerri." I slightly smiled. "I love you more.." I said back.

I don't know what this message from god means, but I'll take it and use all my opportunities i have.