Part 30: Crashing a Party

In a theater, Weiss Schnee was singing for the audience of the charity ball in respect of the Fall. Amongst the audience, in the upper balconies, Newt Birch knows that none of these people have any respect for the Fall of Beacon. He just pleasantly listens to Weiss's voice as he thinks back of Luna. He clenches his fist in anger as he remembers that he was to weak to help Luna. Even though he's now a machine, he still recalls the pain.

Everyone started clapping for Weiss's performance, including Newt. She takes a bow and leaves the stage, but her expression was one of discomfort.

Newt: She probably doesn't want to be here.

Everyone leaves the theater and makes their way to the ballroom. In there, people started talking about their daily lives. They eat, drink, talk about themselves, talk about business, and even mock Beacon Academy and it's headmaster. Newt felt disgusted with them.

Newt: Damn these people. Their nothing but a bunch of selfish bitches and bastards. And here I thought that this was supposed to be a charity event in honor of Beacon Academy!

Newt sighed and rubbed his forehead. He maybe a machine now but his emotional processor still gives him a bit of headaches when he feels upset.

???: Not enjoying the party?

Newt turns around and sees General Ironwood.

Newt: *scoffs* Not really. People just care about themselves since their so high and mighty that they think money can buy them power.

Newt snickers and shakes his head in disappointment. Ironwood couldn't help but agree with him. Jacques Schnee is one prime example of these "high and mighty" people that Newt mentions. He only cares about himself and the company.

Ironwood: Well, what did you expect? It's Atlas. It's common for people to talk about things like money and business.

Newt: Speaking of business.

Newt gestures at the direction of Weiss Schnee, who stood by her father's side. She seemed uncomfortable with him and the subject he was talking about with the people around him. She tries to leave, keyword: "tried", but Jaqcues held her arm with a firm grip. He however lets go of Weiss once the subject, he and the others around him, changed and became interesting. Newt sighs once more.

Newt: *mutters* He is really full of himself...

Ironwood: That's Jaqcues for you.

Newt looks over at Weiss and walks over to her as the general got into a conversation with another person. He sees another person with Weiss.

???: It's beautiful. You two match.

Weiss just crosses her arms and keeps her cold-hearted expression as she replies.

Weiss: Yes, it's a lovely painting.

???: So, that was my attempt at breaking the ice. How am I doing so far?

Weiss: *sigh* You're not doing well.

Newt: *chuckles* Heh, idiot. You're lucky Luna isn't here. Neptune nearly got killed after Luna heard that he turned down Weiss during the dance.

Henry: Well, I've always appreciated honesty. Henry Marigold.

Weiss looks at him and they shake hands.

Weiss: Weiss Schnee.

Henry: I know, I saw your performance. You were wonderful. And I promise I'm not just saying that 'cause you're pretty.

Weiss looks back to the painting, and there was silence between the two.

Henry: Honesty, remember? So, you thinking about buying it?