22 | as cool as tom riddle

AS COOL AS TOM RIDDLE 

also known as : chapter five - the flayed 

Silver sat next to Lucas in the Wheeler's basement. While Max was helping Eleven clean up in the bathroom, Silver and the boys tried to think of what to do next. While Silver wasn't too keen on chasing Billy after the damage he'd done, she knew he needed to be helped. They couldn't just leave him with the Mind Flayer being able to control him. It made her wonder whether there were others also controlled by the Mind Flayer.

"So Silver, do you know where your brother is? He's gone MIA." Mike paced around the room, watching as Silver adjusted the ice packet pressed to her head. "I don't know...him and Steve went to investigate some Russian spies, or whatever." Mike frowned, deciding not to question the Russian spies. "Wait, why aren't you with Steve?"

"Because him and Silver have broken their more than friends but not technically boyfriend and girlfriend relationship." Lucas added, lifting his hands in the air as if it were obvious. Silver narrowed his eyes at him as he smiled innocently back at her. "Anyway...me and Steve are not important right now. It's Billy we need to focus on." 

"Well that's a pretty nice sentiment, but even if El could find him again, and that's a big if, then what?" Lucas and Silver looked at each other, pretty clueless at what they could do next. "Then we could burn it out of his body? Like we did with Will." the three looked at Will, who shrugged slightly. 

"Then what? We burnt it out of Will and it's back. We need to stop the Mind Flayer." argued Mike, which made Will speak up. "Maybe El knows." Mike turned to look at the bathroom door where Max and Eleven still found themselves. "What is taking so long? And why do girls take so long in the bathroom?" Mike asked, a constant frown sketched on his face as he directed his answer to Silver, the only girl in the current room.

"I don't know about other girls, but I take a long time to shit." she joked, as Mike scrunched his nose in disgust. Lucas cackled in laughter, and even Will cracked a smile, giving Silver a high five. "Ew Silver! You know we can still hear everything you guys are saying!" shouted the redhead from inside the bathroom, and Silver managed to hear Eleven giggle.